Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So need some background on my G6..l

Alright new to the G6 world.

don't really plan on modding much but always interested(I usually do a decent amount of modding on my car)

I have a 3.5L v6 4 door.

What do they run in the 1/4?
    Any cheap easy mods to get going?

Also have you guys really done much with tuning? I have HPtuners, and wondering if its worth expanding my version to include my G6.
    2007 Dark Gray Metallic G6 Sedan 3.5L v6 A4
    Former cars... '85 Camaro, '94 Camaro, '00 Camaro, '92 Mustang GT

ive only recently heard of HPtuners, i know its been out but i just never heard it mentioned does anybodu have a HP tune on their 6 here? i have westers tune theres also vector tune, i dont know if the HP would be better or not unfortunalty, hopefully someon will chime in on this.

a nice mod would be intake to start off.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
    Show
    -20% tint
    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

what year g6 v6 do you have?

Comment

Sorry... its a 2007.

http://www.hptuners.com

I have it for my 2k V6 Camaro... I will keep it just for the scanner part for my girls car, not 100% my cable will work with the G6 but not too bad to upgrade it.

one of the creators of it, used to race a v6 f-body and its used on most modded GM cars.

Comment

A 2007?

oh crap.

not to ruin your day but from what I've gathered if you do any mods your going to be pushing more power than the transmission can handle. I think that the stock max rating for the 4spd auto is 215hp and the 07 3.5v6 with vvt puts out 219hp so technically your already beyond the recomened limits for that transmision.

Yeah, brilliant engineering from GM.

Your kinda in the same boat I am although I have the 06 g6v6 with the non vvt 3.5 v6(lx9).

sorry for the bad news.

Anyways,

As for mods

there isn't a whole lot on the performance front. The good news is that what their is, is good stuff.

For exhaust you have the GTR exhaust, for intakes you have Pooners CRAB box. and Doctor Speed ( although DS seems to have gone on hiatus for a little bit) And you have both the westers tune and the vector tune.

Anything beyond that will have to be a custom job, much like most of my stuff. Both my exhaust and intake were a custom job. I did go with the Vector tune and I LOVE it! all told, between intake, exhaust, and tune, I'd say I've got another 25-30hp out of my motor.

As for what it'll do

the g6 v6 sedan will do 0-60 in about 7.7-8secs flat depending on model year. The 07s have 18 more hp over the 05/06's. The new 07 saturn aura XE, which is the same as yours, does 0-60 in 7.7 secs flat (as tested in C/D)

As for the 1/4 expect something in the 16 sec range.

The biggest prob with the 6 is that it wieghs a lot and this hurts all aspects of performance.

well, I hope I didn't ruin your day, but I just wanted to give ya the truth about where ya stand.

Comment

nah I figured its about that....

GM FWD trannies usually suck f or handling power.

Really 16s? I wasn't expecting anything special, but I figured mid 15s out of it, motor has some pull up top. Screw magazines... I pulled a 14.4 out of my 00 v6 Camaro with free mods only.

Real

oh well might just take it down to the track, see what it runs. I know I will never get a launch down, but jeez my fiance's 2k Z24 cavalier pulled low 16s, and this thing would blow it away.

I am not too worried about intake/exhaust... will probably leaving it stock I got this car about the warranty.

Comment

BTW any other tips/ideas for the car, even non-performance?

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater82
                nah I figured its about that....

GM FWD trannies usually suck f or handling power.

Really 16s? I wasn't expecting anything special, but I figured mid 15s out of it, motor has some pull up top. Screw magazines... I pulled a 14.4 out of my 00 v6 Camaro with free mods only.

Real

oh well might just take it down to the track, see what it runs. I know I will never get a launch down, but jeez my fiance's 2k Z24 cavalier pulled low 16s, and this thing would blow it away.

I am not too worried about intake/exhaust... will probably leaving it stock I got this car about the warranty.
                yeah, your best bet is to just keep it washed and waxed and spend your $$$ on another camaro if you want a real performer. I've done some stuff to my g6v6 sedan but keep in mind I gonna have much shorter transmision life cause of my mods, or so they say. Of course you never know.....maybe someone will come out will a really good transmission I can swap in.

I know the 3.5 is capable of some serious power though. I rememeber some guy on here got around 300hp out of a 3.5v6, and that was with out nitrous, turbo, or a supercharger. Although he had completely rebuilt the motor, more or less. I don't remember his name, but his sig had a 13sec sunbird in it.

As for 1/4 yeah 16s is what your gonna run with no mods with a g6v6 sedan. The gtp guys run 15s I think? stock and with some mods they can get down into the 14s.

The big problem is how much the 6 wieghs.

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater82
                  BTW any other tips/ideas for the car, even non-performance?
                  well, theres the recessed grills you can order from gmpartsdirect. theres also a strut bar you can get, etc. I know there quite alot of appereance stuff you can do, but seeing as how I'm more interested in the performance aspect I never really paid much attention to that stuff. I sure someone on here can help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
                    the g6 v6 sedan will do 0-60 in about 7.7-8secs flat depending on model year. The 07s have 18 more hp over the 05/06's.

The biggest prob with the 6 is that it wieghs a lot and this hurts all aspects of performance.
                    0.3 sec difference and 18 more hp is hardly noticeable at best.

The G6 is heavy for its size. It's interesting that other mid-size cars are getting just as heavy too with their re-designs.

Comment

A 2007?

oh crap.

not to ruin your day but from what I've gathered if you do any mods your going to be pushing more power than the transmission can handle. I think that the stock max rating for the 4spd auto is 215hp and the 07 3.5v6 with vvt puts out 219hp so technically your already beyond the recomened limits for that transmision.
                      Yeah, brilliant engineering from GM.

Your kinda in the same boat I am although I have the 06 g6v6 with the non vvt 3.5 v6(lx9).
                      sorry for the bad news.
                      Anyways,
                      As for mods
                      there isn't a whole lot on the performance front. The good news is that what their is, is good stuff.
                      For exhaust you have the GTR exhaust, for intakes you have Pooners CRAB box. and Doctor Speed ( although DS seems to have gone on hiatus for a little bit) And you have both the westers tune and the vector tune.

Anything beyond that will have to be a custom job, much like most of my stuff. Both my exhaust and intake were a custom job. I did go with the Vector tune and I LOVE it! all told, between intake, exhaust, and tune, I'd say I've got another 25-30hp out of my motor.
                      As for what it'll do
                      the g6 v6 sedan will do 0-60 in about 7.7-8secs flat depending on model year. The 07s have 18 more hp over the 05/06's. The new 07 saturn aura XE, which is the same as yours, does 0-60 in 7.7 secs flat (as tested in C/D)
                      As for the 1/4 expect something in the 16 sec range.
                      well, I hope I didn't ruin your day, but I just wanted to give ya the truth about where ya stand.
                      Can you cut down on the enter key. Your posts are getting harder to read.
                      Know what I mean?
                      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

damn you do have some serious enters in that post!
                        but did GM also do the same with the other 07' model G6s in relation to making the tranny barely enough to handle stock power?

TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                        Show
                        -20% tint

Comment

I know the 3.5 is capable of some serious power though. I rememeber some guy on here got around 300hp out of a 3.5v6, and that was with out nitrous, turbo, or a supercharger. Although he had completely rebuilt the motor, more or less. I don't remember his name, but his sig had a 13sec sunbird in it.
                          really? i dont remember that. was it on a 6 or was it on whats in his name?

Show
                          -20% tint

Comment

superdave its a rebuilt motor lots of mods but no super/turbo
                            SSSS Czar

Comment

found it

SSSS Czar

Comment

Working...
                              X