I can still see lettering after debadging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can still see lettering after debadging

As the title states, I debadged and you can still see the outline of the lettering. I haven't had a chance to clay and wax yet. Will this get rid of it? I have to use some Scratch X to clean up the area anyways, will this help as well? Thanks!

Polish will clear it up. The paint under the letters was being protected.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Do you think it will work by hand or will I need an orbital to take it out? It's not horrible but definitely noticable.

Comment

Should be able to get rid of it by hand, with paint that new, i can imagine a buffer being required.

course you could always use a wire brush, but then you might need to repaint ....
        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I just used some goo gone then followed up with some wax and it was gone.
          Blue Man Group

Comment

Any light polish by hand will take care of it, just oxidized paint which faded which is why you see the difference. Scratch-X by hand should take care of it quickly.

Comment

Cool, thanks! I picked up some today and will get it done this weekend.

Comment

Working...
              X