18's or 19's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18's or 19's

That is the question? Which size rim looks best? Also I know this is the wrong time of year to be asking this but what is a descent snow tire? This is the first vehicle I have ever owned that is not a 4x4. Im leaving the off-road relm for the first time in my life for the pavement. Im used to 6 inches of lift and 35 x 10.5 for tires.

Rim #1

or Rim #2

What do you guys think?
    Black 06 G6 GTP Coupe--Strut Brace is all I have for now. More to come!

Personally I like the 2nd one. I'd go with 19's but a nice pair of 18's would look nice too.

As for snow tires, there are none available for our cars... yet.

Comment

That actually depends on the size of the rim he gets.

With the 18, he could go for a slightly wider or narrower tire, and have no trouble finding snows for it.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I like the first one in either size. You are always better going back to stock for snow.... Snow prefers narrow tires.
        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

i like the first one, and i go with 18" as just going up that one tire size will cost you enough in lost mileage

Comment

I like both of them. I like 19's but if the 18's are the right size you could reuse your stock tires and save a decent chunk of $$$$
            2006 G6 GTP Coupe
            :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
            :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
            :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

i like them both, but i'd prob lean towards rim #2
              -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
              Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

see getting rims was an easy choice for me.. my car is a smart buy, so if I decide to turn in back in when the lease is up the stock tires (from when I buy the car) will still be good because they will only get used in the winter haha which I hardly ever drive in ne ways! Soo it was either buy a couple sets of 16's in 4 years or buy rims and maybe a set of performance tires once in 4 years because each set of tires only gets used for maybe 6 months depending on weather
                Originally posted by Toyz
                Originally posted by simplyred
                what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

The second one looks much nicer than the first. I say go with 19, hell do it big, go with 20's. I did and I haven't heard the end of it, lol, j/k. When it all comes down to it, get what you want because you have to look at it everyday.
                  "DUB G6" 20" Diablo Fatboy Rims, DUB badge on the trunk, DUB 20" badges on both fenders, Pioneer Premier DEH-P680MP Cd/MP3 player, Scosche GMLan Kit, Two Rockford Fosgate 12's, Rockfard Fosgate Amp. Tint 20% Rear/40% Front.

Next: Aftermarket headlights, Remove Pinstripes, DVD player In The Glove Compartment & Two Tv's In The Headrest With Wireless Headphones. There Is No G6 Cleaner Than Mine.

Comment

Originally posted by DeEric
                    The second one looks much nicer than the first. I say go with 19, hell do it big, go with 20's. I did and I haven't heard the end of it, lol, j/k. When it all comes down to it, get what you want because you have to look at it everyday.
                    Along with riding in it and spending the money on them haha... but he's right, do what you'd like because in the end what you like or don't like is all thats going to matter!
                    Originally posted by Toyz
                    Originally posted by simplyred
                    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

no, do what i like and say
                      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

I like the second ones better, and they'll be easier to clean.

If your car came with 18s, then I'd stick with the 18s. One inch isn't going to make much of a noticeable difference anyway. The money you save reusing the stock tires can be used on more mods!
                        -Kevin
                        2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
                        2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                          That actually depends on the size of the rim he gets.

With the 18, he could go for a slightly wider or narrower tire, and have no trouble finding snows for it.
                          Well I meant stock size. Of course there are always ways around it.

Comment

I like the second one better than the first, but neither are really my taste.
                            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Yup I think I am going to stick with 18's for now. Not sure that either of this rims I am going to go with. No need to make a rash decision.(I guess). Ill set up some pictures with whatever I decide. Im gonna need new tires anyway becuase Im not keeping these rims on all year round. Winter is harsh in these parts. And it is a pain in the @$$ to keep switching tires out.
                              Black 06 G6 GTP Coupe--Strut Brace is all I have for now. More to come!

Comment

Working...
                              X