Any Zaino people here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Zaino people here?

Just wondering if there are any Zaino users here?
    2007 Dark Gray Metallic G6 Sedan 3.5L v6 A4
    Former cars... '85 Camaro, '94 Camaro, '00 Camaro, '92 Mustang GT

A few people have used it, no regular users to my knowledge.

Zaino is over-rated anyway

Comment

I used it back when I had my firebird. It smells great, but it takes to long to apply and isn't really worth the cost. I feel I get the same results with Meguiar's NXT products.
      Blue Man Group

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked
        I used it back when I had my firebird. It smells great, but it takes to long to apply and isn't really worth the cost. I feel I get the same results with Meguiar's NXT products.
        Just wait til NXT 2.0 comes out next year....

Comment

I wanted to try it but it seems so complicated. I don't even know which ones I have to buy
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I use Zaino...It takes FOREVER to apply and I feel I get the same result from meguires. Actually, the Zaino seemed to leave streaks that I couldn't completely get rid of (that drove me CRAZY)

I'm going to be claybaring and waxing my car here in the next week or so to prepare for winter, still haven't decided if I want to use the Zaino again or not.

BTW I spent $90 for the starter kit.
            2008 Cobalt SS/TC

14 flat @ 30mpg

Comment

That's exactly why I don't like Zaino, granted it's a great product but you can get the exact same results with half of the work. Too expensive and over-rated.

Comment

I used it on our GP, but didn't like that price. I always come back to Mother's. I love the new Reflections line.
                2007 G6 Sedan - Liquid Silver, 2.4L
                1980 Firebird Esprit - Polar white, 6.6L

Comment

Really I thought it was about the same...

Thing I love is it last so long. $90 starter kit buys you everything you need but bucket, water and a towel.

Buy a meguirs claybar, its $15-20
                  Car wash is $11
                  The polish is $15
                  The wax is $15
                  The detail spray is $15

You are up in the $75 range. Zaino just seems pricey because you buy all the products at once. And will last alot longer/look better then meguirs.

As for NXT, does give a decent shine, but lasts like 2 weeks.

BTW after 1st zaino application, its no harder then any other wax. Wax on, wax off. Nothing but good results. The first time is a bitch but overall since I only had to do anything once every 3-6 months to make my cars look great(one was featured on 2 seperate websites) Overall it was less maintenance to get the good shine.

With most other stuff seems like you had to redo it at least once a month.

heck most of my stuff went bad, (still have like 1/4 bottles of stuff left over from when I bought it in 2003)

Comment

NXT lasts a lot longer than 2 weeks, if it does then it's user error. Hell even the cheapest stuff you could find would last longer than that.

Zaino is great, but the same if not better results can be had for a fraction of the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                      NXT lasts a lot longer than 2 weeks, if it does then it's user error. Hell even the cheapest stuff you could find would last longer than that.

Zaino is great, but the same if not better results can be had for a fraction of the price.
                      Really? What woudl I be doing wrong its just a normal cleaner wax? You jsut wash the car, apply on, then take off. I usually split the car into 3 sections.

BTW... the 2 weeks is 100% outdoor cars in Florida. You can literally feel it lose its smoothness and water beading to change in rain. ALot of others tend to agree, and the "off the shelf guys" prefer the meguirs gold class over NXT

Comment

NXT does lose beading and smoothness fairly quickly, especially compared to #21 but wax protection is measured a lot of ways. Just because it doesn't bead, does not mean the wax isn't there. In this scenario the only real way to test for wax protection is to use the towel test. You may have not left it on long enough as well, a lot of people tend to make that mistake. You need to let the polymers setup fully before you remove it.

Gold class is a carnauba based blend wax, but synthetics mixed in. Where NXT is a full synthetic. So NXT will technically last longer, but you can also layer GC to better results. Lot of options in what you can do, but my favorite is #21... that's their best wax as far as I'm concerned. You should give it a try sometime.

Comment

You may as well bend over and take it in the ass. Zaino is way to expensive for the results.

Comment

My brother got me hooked on zaino and ive used it on my g6 since i got it in january. after the first application its easier then ballz to apply and take off. if your having a hard time taking it off then ur using it wrong. the less the better for zaino wax after the first use. i only use 2-3 dime size amounts of zaino on my hood. the less you use gives a better shine. i will wax my car and go in my house shower and change to go out and buff the wax off without breaking a sweat then go out and party. zaino is worth the price and so is the shine on my g6. make sure ur using microfibers towels to buff off.
                            2007 G6 V6 3.5L

Comment

Working...
                            X