STUPID 18 INCH TIRES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STUPID 18 INCH TIRES

Well I had my car in twice to the dealership the last couple of days. I started getting a shaking in my left front tire. I had my tires balanced and rotated. Well after I got the car back its pulling to the left. Sat at the dealership for a hour and half. I need two new tires for my G6. My car only has 20,000 miles. Apparently, I have bad tires on my car I have the factory goodyears. So each tire is running me $120 bucks. According to the factory waranty tires are only covered for the first 12,000 miles. The dealership offered to replace 1 for me but I have to pay for the other one. I guess I can't complain. But my G6 is started to have the same problem as the GTO had with the wheel starting to shread inside it sounds like. So everybody who drives a GTP better watch out for your goodyear tires.

I threw those out and put my Goodyear F1's on a few months back
    Wear wise, and driving performance wise, the LS-2's suck.
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

I didn't have an issue with my Goodyears other then them sucking major goat ass. Even my 235 BFG's don't rub.
      2009 Panther Black G8 GT
      334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

with my GT on the front right side, i have tire wear on the outside, and all my other tires are just fine, me and my auto tech teacher have guess its a camber problem
        Mobil 1 Synthetic, 15% tint

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2592600

Comment

Re: STUPID 18 INCH TIRES

Originally posted by Stacy
          Well I had my car in twice to the dealership the last couple of days. I started getting a shaking in my left front tire. I had my tires balanced and rotated. Well after I got the car back its pulling to the left. Sat at the dealership for a hour and half. I need two new tires for my G6. My car only has 20,000 miles. Apparently, I have bad tires on my car I have the factory goodyears. So each tire is running me $120 bucks. According to the factory waranty tires are only covered for the first 12,000 miles. The dealership offered to replace 1 for me but I have to pay for the other one. I guess I can't complain. But my G6 is started to have the same problem as the GTO had with the wheel starting to shread inside it sounds like. So everybody who drives a GTP better watch out for your goodyear tires.

i have 40,000 mile on mine and they are running great still. i rotate every 5000 miles. maybe your rim is cracked, bent, etc. my coworker just got a brand new tire and after about 1000 miles it is worn, went to get car aligned and they found the crack in the wheel.

i would get something better for 120 dollars than the ls2s though. just my opinion though

Comment

Stacy vs GM

Well I'm doing so thinking today. I had my tires balanced and rotated at the dealership. I picked up my car Saturday morning and when I got my car back my wheel felt so funny then my car starts pulling to the left. Well I took my car back now my car is pulling to the right. Is it just me but could of one of the techs roated my tires wrong. Now all of a sudden I need two front new tires. I called Pontiac Roadside Assistance and had to talk to two different people. The second guy I talked to told me the dealership doesn't have to be responsible even to pay for one. I'm waiting till Tuesday to hear if GM will cover both tires for me. I told my parents tonight after my waranty is up I'm done with GM. I bought two new GM cars and I get dumped on or somebody makes a mistake.

Comment

your tires shouldnt be worn enough to pull one way or back the other

they would of essentially just swapped sides, air pressure is more likely

or your car needs aligned and again check the rims out

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                your tires shouldnt be worn enough to pull one way or back the other

they would of essentially just swapped sides, air pressure is more likely

or your car needs aligned and again check the rims out
                They told me my alignment was fine! I'm going to over dealership tomorrow maybe I can get my car messed up more than it already is

Comment

im beginning to think your dealership doesnt know jack and they just like to get your money

but that could just be me, but im sure others on here agree with me

they dont ever seem to fix your car for ya

Comment

im beginning to think your dealership doesnt know jack and they just like to get your money

They know how to install bodykits so I guess that's a plus. But I go to a buick/pontiac dealership that sell jeeps too. 90% of their customers are 65+ I was so pissed I called up my Saturn dealership. They told me they can look at my car but there would be a $58 charge because its not a Pontiac dealership. I just want my car to run like it did last Thursday when I dropped it off

Comment

Ya, I go to a Chevy dealership for my service. Since most Pontiac dealers are also Buick, sometimes GMC, they tend to get a older crowd going to them...
                      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                      2005 CGM GTO.
                      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

I find GM has a lot of bad, incompetent, and indifferent dealerships. A good GM dealership is a rare find for some reason.

Comment

whats that sound

Well a couple weeks back I had to take my g6 gtp in for a humming sound coming from the passenger side when I accelerated come to find out they said my right front side bearings need to be replace so they replaced them and no more sound I thought that was kind of unusual because I had only 18thousand miles on my car but other than that I have had no other problem with my tires even though I did get new rims and tires the following week.

Comment

Originally posted by Stacy

They know how to install bodykits so I guess that's a plus. But I go to a buick/pontiac dealership that sell jeeps too. 90% of their customers are 65+ I was so pissed I called up my Saturn dealership. They told me they can look at my car but there would be a $58 charge because its not a Pontiac dealership. I just want my car to run like it did last Thursday when I dropped it off

yeh but you could probably install it yourseslf, a few clips here a few there maybe some screws...not that hard

Comment

Okay get this one! i took off my aftermarket rims on my old GT and put them on my new GTP, on BOTH cars i had this problem:

In the morning (mostly when it's cold out) i will start my car up, back out, and when i start driving it feels like my front left wheel will start "hopping". No joke, you can see the car go up and down. but after i drive on it for a little bit it will go away. Again, this is only in the mornings when its kinda cold out. any guesses? (these are aftermarket tires BTW)
                              18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

Working...
                              X