Changing the Dome Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the Dome Light

I feel like this might be a stoopid question, but I figure the only stoopid question is the one not asked.

I was thinking of changing the bulb color for my dome light. I was expecting the dome light cover to easily uncap or unscrew. How do you remove your dome light cover? I felt like I might snap something when trying to get it off.

G
    Pontiac G6 V6 Sedan Granite Metallic; ASA JH9 19' on Michelin PS2 (225/40/19); Red Caliper Paint by Duplicolor; Partial debadge; Lumar Tint 30/20; Eibach Springs; Razzi Ground Effects; GT-R Exhaust, CRAB Intake, VMS PCM Tune, MPD Hood
    Upcoming Mods: Stage 4

it just snaps off if im thinking right just takes a little effort

sedan or coupe just to make sure

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

06 Sedan... hmm just snaps off? I was thinking of just pulling harder, but I didn't want any regrets.

G
      Pontiac G6 V6 Sedan Granite Metallic; ASA JH9 19' on Michelin PS2 (225/40/19); Red Caliper Paint by Duplicolor; Partial debadge; Lumar Tint 30/20; Eibach Springs; Razzi Ground Effects; GT-R Exhaust, CRAB Intake, VMS PCM Tune, MPD Hood

Comment

mine was start from the slider switch side 1st and pop it that way and it flops down... that how mine went and i got a 06 sedan

2006 G6 GT Elec. blue

Comment

if you can wit till tommorow ill give you exact directions
          id do it now but i cant log in

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

use two dimes on the side closet to the rear window one on each side of the middle there is 2 "hooks/tabs" built into the that side and one larger on the other put the dimes by each tab and that should come off pretty easy.
            My Progress thread
            http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...282#post429282

Comment

Put a quarter crack between the flatend and pull it forward and it will pop right off. It's really easy.
              Blue Man Group

Comment

Nice. Thanks for the suggestions.

G

Comment

Gonna put a red bulb in there??
                  Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                  Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                  WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

yup theyve got it

1. Using a flat-bladed tool, remove the dome lamp bulb lens from the dome lamp assembly.

2. Remove the lamp bulb from the dome lamp mounting bracket.

Comment

Hammer.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                      Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

firecracker
                        SSSS Czar

Comment

I'm dumb when it comes to electronics. To get my dome light red, I guess I could just find a red 561 bulb. But, what if I want a brighter red? I was reading about guys putting LEDs. Which LED bulb will fit in the dome light slot without requiring soldering and electrical rewiring?

G

Comment

44mm festoon bulb or you can use a 44mm festoon adapter which hooks up to a 15 LED panel (like the one I have) for more light.

Heres the one I have in mine:

http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopi ... hlight=led
                            Blue Man Group

Comment

Thanks Wicked.

Are the LEDs much brighter compared with the bulbs? I was checking the net for a purchase. Is this (http://www.oznium.com/led-domelight) something similar to what you have? The price seems a little steep $22. How much did you pay for yours? For the dome light, would you suggest that I stay with 16 as you did, or would you suggest more bulbs?

Thanks.

G

Comment

Working...
                              X