Brakes.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes.....

I just got the GTP back from the dealer after taking it in for a couple noises from the front end. The first trip was a growl noise at low speed. Turns out they had to put on "updated pads" and turn the rotors. Picked the car up. No more growl.

But now I here a loud squeak from the suspension, when I hit speed bumps. Back to the dealer the next day. They had to change the lower control arm and bushing, tightened every suspension bolt, body mount bolt, engine and tranny mounts, and did a wheel alignment.

Now she's back to new..................

Just thought I'd share this incase anyone else is having issues with brakes and squeaky suspension.
    Originally posted by Lampoon
    I dub your car.....The Red Hot Chili Pepper!!
    '06 GTP with Tapshift.

werd, glad it's back to the way it should be.
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Sweet! Glad your red coupe is running good again!
      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Yeha.. all you first production GTP's need to get your pads replkaced. I'm one of them.
        Straight up Pimp Trollin'
        2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
        w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Insert Generic happiness comment "here"
          2009 Panther Black G8 GT
          334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Hmmm, I'm not having any trouble with my pads at this point. Could be because I use the engine to do most of my slowing down.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

No problems with mine, but then again I've only had it a month and it only has 360 KM on it. I try and baby it as much as possible anyways.

Comment

Mine are getting bad. I have do do a bunch of stop and go on the gighway at 75. Mine pulse like a mother fukkkker. Really pissing me off. And they squeal too. Not real loud but enough to get me heated.
                Originally posted by Nikki
                You are an e-pimp.
                Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                I tried too, my penis way too big
                07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

I got my pads and rotors changed still get squeaks on hard braking situation......these damns brakes !!

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

I have 11K on mine and the brakes still feel okay.

Comment

I checked mine today, with 6000 miles, there's still tons of pad left. I don't get on them too much.
                      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

No reason the pads should be replaced or even worn that early. Unless they are totally glazed over.

Comment

It's an early production issue I believe.
                          "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

well mine was built in June 2005. Not sure when they started production, but I always thought mine was pretty early.
                            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

edit: Nevermind..

sigpic
                              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Working...
                              X