Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there anyone buys tires?

OK, here's my situation:

I'm trading my 16" wheels with another guy who has 17" factory wheels, he wants mine for winters. The guy told me he'd give my 16" tires back, and since I won't have a use for them, I might as well just sell them. And I think I might want to get new tires for the new wheels, although the guy claims there's only 40k kms on them.

So does anyone know anywhere I can sell the tires, or trade them for new tires, given the mileage is rather low on them?
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

well you could always do ebay or put a for sale ad in local paper, other than that I haven't heard of a company that would buy used tires. You could check with your local garage. They might be interested in buying your tires, or you might be able to trade-em in exchange for getting some work done on your car. I'm kinda in the same boat with mine, having went from 16inch to 18inch.

Comment

When I bought my G6 I wasn't happy with the Continentals that were on it... I wanted to get something that performed better when it rained. Anyway, I went to a number of tire shops here in Durham Region to see if I could generate any interest. Only place that would offer me anything was a used tire shop - On The Rim Again - and then it was only $10 for each one. I only had 15,000 km on the tires at the time, and the tires were worth $200 (each) for new, so I held onto them. They've now got somewhere around 50,000 km on them and are pretty close to worn-out (they're even worse now in the rain!). I'll be getting new tires come spring (likely) when I swap back from my winter tires to summer tires.

My suggestion is that you try to arrange a private sale. Main problem with that is the buyer needs to get the tires installed onto their wheels (rims), and that'll likely cost $20 or so each for mounting and balancing, new valve stem, etc.

If it works out for you, please let me know what you did. I've got a set of 16" OE tires (I think they're Uniroyal TigerPaws?) that came with the aluminum wheels I bought from Keith87. I'll be swapping my winter tires onto these aluminum wheels soon and then I'll have a set of tires and the steel wheels sitting around.

Take Care,
      GraniteGrey
      Trust me, I'm a professional!

Comment

OK... I have a little problem here... I don't have anywhere to store the tires...

So I need to get rid of them quick, or I'll have to give it away.

It's minimal loss to me, since I'm getting the 17s free.
        <-- Gray G6? Click!
        2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

I wish u lived down here...
          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Sometimes local tire shops will give you a decent amount for em if they are in good shape... sometimes.

Comment

EDIT: Didn't sell it yet... Damn... the guy doesn't know what tire he needs. He's got an Element and mine doesn't fit.
              <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

Working...
              X