Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Sound Setup *edit-pics now*

Hey all, newb here...

Well i have a 2006 Stealth Gray Sedan, and the 2nd Week i got it i went to Best Buy and bought my entire system and had them install it...

So i ended up getting..

Alping Type-R 12" 1500W/500RMS SubwooferThis One
    Q-Logic Single 12" Sealed/Vented Subwoofer Enclosure This One
    Alpine MRD-M605 600W RMS This One
    Alpine Type-R 275W/55RMS 6x9sThis One
    I was going to get the 6" Type-Rs but the magnet is to big so i got the Pioneer 6-1/2" 4-Way 260W/50RMS This One
    Rocford Fosgate 1 Farad Digital CapcitatorThis one
    Rockford Fosgate Amp Install KitThis One

I kept my stock deck for now.

As for sound... i can say im happy.

Ill post some pics tomorow when i get time.

btw, i work for BestBuy so i didnt pay anything near those prices :]
    [ 2006 Stealth Gray G6 Sedan 4-Cyl ]
    [ 18% Tint All Around ] - [ Alpine Sound System ] - [ Eagle Chrome Projectors w/ 8000k HID's ] - [ Installed Fogs w/8000K HIDs ] - [ Upgraded to 18'' GTP Ultra-Bright Wheels ] - [ 225/45/18 Nankang NS-II Tires on Nitrogen] - [ Mobil 1 Oil ]

im currently doing alot of research on speakers, i never really spend much time so i dont know what kind of speakers are good or not... but by the price looks they are kinda high, if i were ever to get a system i dont think ill go to bestbuy but thats just me

gl with your system tho
    myspace.com/chanman321

Comment

yeah those are kind of high but i did only spend around 750$ for everything with install :]
      [ 18% Tint All Around ] - [ Alpine Sound System ] - [ Eagle Chrome Projectors w/ 8000k HID's ] - [ Installed Fogs w/8000K HIDs ] - [ Upgraded to 18'' GTP Ultra-Bright Wheels ] - [ 225/45/18 Nankang NS-II Tires on Nitrogen] - [ Mobil 1 Oil ]

Comment

I am really glad you did not spend Best Buy prices, phew! That was my first thought... My second was install quality... Hear me out... I know some Best Buys have good installers but most have absolutely terrible untrained hacks that they call installers. I have taken apart some of their work and I could train a lab rat to do a better job!
        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by EmersonHart13
          I am really glad you did not spend Best Buy prices, phew! That was my first thought... My second was install quality... Hear me out... I know some Best Buys have good installers but most have absolutely terrible untrained hacks that they call installers. I have taken apart some of their work and I could train a lab rat to do a better job!
          I've done car audio installation for years and I'd have to agree!! One install I saw with a stock headunit.. they piggybacked the remote wire off the ground wire.. well sherlock the amps never going to shut off than!!
          Originally posted by Toyz
          Originally posted by simplyred
          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

um... i think they did a pretty good job with the install being that the installer is a good friend of mine. But then again i didnt see the install so i dont know what he did. I was working at the time and i just left my car in the install bay for them to work on so i dont know what they did... but the install looks clean.

anyways here are some pics... sorry for the quality but i dont own a digital cam

A little night shot...

and of course... gotta rep the forum :]

Comment

Since you work there and you know the guy I am sure he took care of you, good looking setup, see if you can get better pics with someone's camera!
              Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

How did they get RCAs outputs for the amp if you kept the stock headunit? Did they use a line level converter? If so, what kind?

Comment

have you al lnever spliced stuff before?

i always convert mine by just taking factory and splicing it to a rca dual cable, then go from there

Comment

looks pretty good. I've also heard stories about best buy installers, but I'm sure you'll be fine since you work there.
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

The type R's are one of the best bang for the buck spl sub out. I have heard of a guy with 1 15 hitting in the 150 db's. His sounds like shyt with music but it is friggin loud for a sub like that. I looked into them for the 6er. A pair of 15's and 1500 watts going to the pair. How is the electrical holding up on yours. I see you have a cap but still.
                      Originally posted by Nikki
                      You are an e-pimp.
                      Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                      I tried too, my penis way too big
                      07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                      My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                      The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

THe guy installed this....

Im guessing thats for the RCAs but i dont know, i dont know much about car auido :[

as for the power, im not sure, havent seen any problems yet. Ive had them since december of last year.

Comment

I like the setup you have with the exception of one thing. It may be ignorance on my part, but just bear with me.

Isn't a cap basically useless? My way of thinking is this:

The cap causes more strain on the alternator when charging. The cap then is needed, so it then throws all of it's reserve away in one shot. The cap then strains the alternator again.

Wouldn't it be better to go with a bigger alternator?

Again, I'm not insulting your setup, as I think it looks really good. I'm just trying to be educated.

sigpic
                          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

it shouldnt burst all of its energy unless all of it is needed, correct?

bigger alternator is best, but cap helps when you need the extra power and shouldnt take strain on alt

Comment

You'll find a never ending battle when dealing with caps. A lot of people say it just puts more strain on the electrical system and I have to agree.

But you'll find those that swear by them.

Comment

Working...
                              X