Not running right!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not running right!

Just wondering if any of you guys with the 2005 gt have noticed a bad bog out of the hole. I lined up against a friends 99 monte and he pretty well killed me. If i didn't have that bog it would have been the other way around. Just wondering what a guy can do to get rid of this.

try better gas maybe?
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I have been running premium fuel (octane rating 91)for awhile and still does the same thing.

Comment

does it happen all the time, only when it is warmed up, only when it is cold? if it only happens after the engine has warmed up there is a chance that the cat is clogged, but on a vehicle this new that is a pretty big chance. see if there have been any codes thrown.

Comment

Is your traction control turned off? Have you tried it while in manual mode, if so was there any difference? Were your wheels turned or straight? Did it feel like a bog in the engine or did it seem like the tranny wasnt sure what gear to be in, like a pause? Did you happen to hear a noise similiar to abs breaks (TC), like a grinding noise? Sorry for so many questions but i have noticed all of the above quarks in my 05 gt. Unfortunetly, until someone comes out with some kind of decent programmer for the car not much will change.
          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by chucky
            I have been running premium fuel (octane rating 91)for awhile and still does the same thing.
            GM recommends 89 regular...why waste the money?
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

really? i actually put 91 or 92 in once and it ran worse than 87, i thought maybe i just got bad gas
              -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
              Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

you wouldn't need the higher octane gas in these engines unless you were boosted or had nitrous. like mike said, you are just throwing your money away unless you have REALLY horrible 87 in your area. we got crappy gas when i was in PA and my truck always got bad mileage but it was still cheaper than overpaying for 89+.

Comment

yea I've read about that happening before. You might wanna try different gas stations and maybe you'll find one that solves your problem...if that is the problem.
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

i had only tried 91 once, i've been using mostly 89 since
                    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

seems to me that my car performs better with the better gas, ive tried all three types and the higher the smoother

Comment

It can be a number of things. A bog at any point is not normal. Find a friend that has a scanner and check a few things out. 1st thing I'd want to know is if the TPS is functioning properly. I would check the fuel pressure as well. Does it idle normal ?

Comment

Is it 87 for GTs and GTPs or do the GTPs use mid grade?

NM it is 87 for both!
                          Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by EmersonHart13
                            Is it 87 for GTs and GTPs or do the GTPs use mid grade?
                            run 87 if you drive it easy. If your gonna beat the f%#@* out of it, run 89. But understand, that you don't always know what your actually getting at the pump. Some stations have crap for gas. I recommend buying at nationally owned and operated stations, like Chevron,Mobil or Shell. Stay away from those quicky marts.

Comment

I have never bought the buying higher octane unless it is prescribed by the computer or for once in a while to clean the motor. i.e. Mobil typically has the highest amount of cleaning agents in their 93 octane as compared to their competitors. I do agree that your local discount station probably has water in their tanks and the gas is probably sub par to begin with!

John
                              Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Working...
                              X