This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in the taillights

I've noticed this a couple of times now, and I just wanna see if it's normal. After it rains or I wash my car, I notice that water gets into the taillights, but not into the part where the bulbs are, just the outer section of the light, maybe a half inch in. I can see all small drops of water, but they eventually dry up and go away. I don't see this affecting anything since they're getting into the actual taillight. Anybody else notice this? Maybe it's just the coupes taillights, I'm not sure. It happens to both of them, so I'm guessing this is common and won't hurt anything.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

yea mike, i get it too, but just a tiny little bit...i'm not worried about it since there's no moisture where the lights are
    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

aight, just curious about it.
      -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

I used to get that lots too had new ones installed under warranty all is good now.

Comment

and u don't get water in them anymore? not around the edges?
          -Mike #1

Comment

I get the water around the edges, the water isn't getting through the seal just the weatherstripping where the tail lights meet the car making it look like there is water in there but really there isn't.
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
            X