Brand: N-Take
    Price: $45 + S.H.
    Purchased From: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MALIBU-S ... enameZWDVW

Installation: difficult
    Installation Time: 2 1/2 hours
    Any Installation Tips You Have: You will have to fabricate some new mounts

Quality of Part: 7
    Product Performance: 7
    Would you Recommend to Others: Depending on what you have already found as far as intakes for the GTP go, yes

Its been such a pain finding a full “stage 4” type CAI for the GTP. This seller had these intakes listed for quite a while, and after talking to WoodBuryMan and considering the super-low price tag ($45) I figured it was worth a shot to try it out. The seller was really good about answering my questions and shipping was really fast (3 days). However, the system came without any real instructions and only comes with blue couplers. It also is not a perfect fit and needed some modification. There is a noticeable benefit to throttle response, it looks pretty good (it’s still no DS stage 4). Installation took forever because the mounts he ships it with are cheap and the worst imaginable design, so I had to fabricate my own. All in all, though, it’s not that bad of a system. You can’t beat the price, and if you are a little creative and put some time into it, it comes out looking good. I will be posting some pictures of it once my wife gets home, so look for those. If you have any questions, PM me and I will do everything I can to help.
    2006 Silver GTP : GT-R Exhaust : Stage 4 CAI : Partial Debadge/Rebadge

I had a place setup to create a stage 4 but there really wasn't enough interest

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
    Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
    Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
    -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

wow, really? That sucks, I wish that had gone through

Comment

yea the guy was ready to go with it all he needed was the plastic tube and he was interested, form heartthrob exhaust

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
        Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
        Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
        -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

Well, I don't know if he will ever sho interest again, but if he does, I will be down. Don't get me wrong, the one I have isnt terrible, but I would like something a little nicer

Comment

I have this same intake. I too till testify that it works... but it's a pain in the ass to get in as it needs to be adjusted alot and you need to fab your own mounting brackets, but it does the job in the long end. Making the oil breather tube stay in place was a pain too. I'm adding DS's CAB as a heat shield as soon as it comes in. (Waiting 2+ months now, but I can wait more)
            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
            2005 CGM GTO.
            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

What is the size of the mouth of the conical filter that intake comes with, 2.5 or 3 inch?

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's 3 inch. But don't quote me!

Comment

Re: Ebay "N-take" 3.9 CAI

so is it really worth buying it ?

Comment

Working...
                  X