Painted Headlights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted Headlights?

I have seen several references to cars having "painted headlights". What part of the headlights are painted? Does anyone have pictures that they would be so kind as to share?

Thanks
    But me, I'm still on the road
    Headin' for another joint
    We always did feel the same,
    We just saw it from a different point of view,
    Tangled up in blue.
    Bob Dylan "Tangled Up in Blue"

Here's a pic of Mike's (GTPGuy82)
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

just look around, there's some good info on it somewhere
      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Yeah there a few of us who have done them... Mike did a how-to on opening the headlight. Its not the hardest mod to do but some people arent about ripping their headlight apart and whatnot!

Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I have said it before and will say it again, who is going to start doing this as a service? :-)
          Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

^-- x2
            2006 G6 GTP Coupe
            :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
            :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
            :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

heh. If I had the time I would in a second. But between working 48 hours a week at my part-time-job, looking for a real full-time job, and my girlfriend...it would take me about 2-3 weeks to complete one set of headlights.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

that's fine with me mike
                -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

I'd serious do them.. and for nothing if you sent them to me.. I work a boring ass job where I can do basically all I want whenever I want!

Comment

I'd serious do them.. and for nothing if you sent them to me.. I work a boring ass job where I can do basically all I want whenever I want!

They hiring???

Comment

I'm part owner and the only employee.. I just seen my boss (main owner) today for the first time in 5 weeks haha

Comment

I am bringing this one back to life for a min... so that I dont start a new thread on something thats already been overly discussed (your welcome haha) I've been thinking about colormatching my headlights to the car, now coupe I know you were talking about this already but I want to know if people think the black is better than the red even though nobodies done it?!?! Give info guys, this place is always crawling with people throwing in their $.02 so now I'm asking for it haha

Comment

I am bringing this one back to life for a min... so that I dont start a new thread on something thats already been overly discussed (your welcome haha) I've been thinking about colormatching my headlights to the car, now coupe I know you were talking about this already but I want to know if people think the black is better than the red even though nobodies done it?!?! Give info guys, this place is always crawling with people throwing in their $.02 so now I'm asking for it haha
                          I am debating too. I almost ripped em out today but didn't. What do y'all think help us crimson red guys out.
                          Originally posted by Nikki
                          You are an e-pimp.
                          Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                          I tried too, my penis way too big
                          07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                          My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                          The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

I get A TON of comliments on the black with the red.. but I feel like I want to do something different, but I'm afraid of it being "to much"

Comment

well if it looks bad then just sand down and go back to black.
                              Originally posted by Nikki
                              You are an e-pimp.
                              Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                              I tried too, my penis way too big
                              07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                              My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                              The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Working...
                              X