block heater guys - where do you go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• block heater guys - where do you go

starting to get cold here in the mountain desert of WY. I finally popped the hood and started looking for a way to run my block heater cord out and make it easily accessable for this winter... but really can't see any good way.

i'd like to run it out of the lower grill by the fog lights.... but if somebody has a better idea?
    Red LED interior, custom floor & trunk lights - LED marker lights, Spider Lite tail lights (used bulbs instead of resistor -ask me how!) - Formula One Pinnaacle 15% Tint - Hard wired Cobra radar detector - Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI - next... white face gauges and a custom LED glove box light

what the hell is a block heater??!
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I've never actually used mine. I would just run it out the corner of the hood, by the headlight, and then put it back under the hood when unplugging it. That's what I did with my Grand Am.

Comment

Mine doesn't have one, considering my 6 was built for calif. It got to 10 - 15 degreed F last winter. Coolant is ok to those temps.
        G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
        Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
        Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
        20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

lol - it's already getting that cold here at night... begining of december last year it sank to -25 for about 2 weeks.

didn't have the car then - the old truck was a little rough starting to sayt he least...

i am gonna try taking off the driver's side headlight, see if i can't snake it down somehow
          Red LED interior, custom floor & trunk lights - LED marker lights, Spider Lite tail lights (used bulbs instead of resistor -ask me how!) - Formula One Pinnaacle 15% Tint - Hard wired Cobra radar detector - Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI - next... white face gauges and a custom LED glove box light

Comment

this was an option from factory right? I'd like to get one installed someday.... they help alot when I'm back home in South dakota.
            2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
            Black/Black coupe

Comment

yes, factory option... i walked in to the dealer and literally said this:

"Hi! i want a 2007 G6 GTP, silver and I want an "X" in every single box for every option there is" he looked at me like i was on crack, but then realized i was serious and we sat down to talk money

I had (still have) an 87 f-250... 2 wheel drive, slant 6 300ci, 4 speed, am radio... no options! None! well, there is one windshield washer pod, with 2 ports...

i wanted options!

Comment

funny to hear talk about a block heater from our southern neighbours - I haven't used my block heater in the last 4 years here in Ontario...guess it is global warming hmmm

Comment

I thought it's not until you get the Quebec or Muskoka you need that...
                  <-- Gray G6? Click!
                  2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                  2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                  Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Well some days in Alberta it's probably a good idea. I'm just lazy

Comment

I have yet to use mine, never had a problem.

Comment

What's a block heater?
                        Blue Man Group

Comment

It keeps the engine from freezing.
                          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

yeah, don't need one of those in Hawaii
                            Originally posted by jeffro
                            nice laura, real nice!!!

Comment

Mr. Hawaii is just being a smartass...

Comment

Working...
                              X