Trunk Lock Keyhole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trunk Lock Keyhole

I'm semi interested in getting a blacked-out keyhole (or whatever it's called) for my debadged G6... I saw one on a Grand Prix that was not chrome but blacked-out (kinda flat black). So, multi-part question:
    1. would it fit?[/*:m:897er6o1]
    2. could I get it so my key works (i.e., I don't want to have a second key)?[/*:m:897er6o1]
    3. what's the part number?[/*:m:897er6o1]
    Anyone's help on this is greatly appreciated.

Take Care,
    GraniteGrey
    Trust me, I'm a professional!

Umm just paint it? It would be alot cheaper.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

Originally posted by Coupe_GTP
      Umm just paint it? It would be alot cheaper.
      Yeah, I think most black ones out there are painted too. Or maybe just shave it.
      <-- Gray G6? Click!
      2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
      2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
      Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Painting it's easy and cheap.

Comment

i vote paint

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

yeah paint, there was one member who took his out and painted it but it was ages ago. I have a couple cans of granite metallic in my garage-it's something I've been thinking about doing forever.
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I just painted mine on the trunk, using a tube of touch up paint. Not the greatest job up close but from 3-5 feet and further away it looks tons better than the silver keyhole.

Comment

Thanks guys... I was all for painting it until I realized that the paint will basically keep it from working correctly (unless I crack the paint). The one on the Grand Prix is like blacked-out trim, so it'll still be a little different than my paint colour, but I think it'll look much better. It's definitely a pain-in-the-ass to get it keyed alike and installed, but I think it'll look much better. Obviously, this is just a matter of opinion though.

Take Care,
                GraniteGrey

Comment

Do you use the keyhole in the trunk? I've never used mine. Don't even know if it works

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                    Do you use the keyhole in the trunk? I've never used mine. Don't even know if it works
                    I have used it a grand total of once lol, there a trunk release on the remote and on the door so theres really no use for it lol.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

just paint it and never use it, button on the driver door panel or the key fob!
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

i keep my jumper cables in my trunk with my spare tire, that is the only time i could ever see myself needing the keyhole. i'd just paint it as well and take the chance.

Comment

Definitely not the chepest solution, but you could buy a vert, they don't have a key for the trunk.

Comment

I was at the dealership today picking-up a part for my GPS-mount, and I asked about convertibles. There is only one 2007 left in the "territory" and it's in Quebec (I don't recall where exactly). Black with the cream interior. So I guess I'll have to kick-it-up to an '08.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                              Yeah. I don't even have a ke for my trunk. The fucker that sold ir to me didn't give me one.

http://www.sharpshooterv1.com/index.php?act=idx

Comment

Working...
                              X