My exhaust is better than yours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My exhaust is better than yours

I got the GT-R Exhaust system on today. Drove 5 1/2 hrs 1 way to do it. The run down. 2.5 inch manderal bend. All stainless. Tight ass tips coming in at 4 inches. Magna flow muf. single in dual out. Sits perfect in the cutouts in the valance. As for the sound. I am impressed. I expected it to sound like a pissed off bumble bee in a jar. Not even close. It has a deeeep growl to it. At idle you don't really hear it. Driving down the highway at 75 I couldn't even tell they were there till I gave her a little gas. Preformance, This is where it makes its money. I jumped in and hit the gas. Well who would have thought she pulled from a stop. The tourqe gain is outstanding. I am used to having to wait till I am at 3.5k to even feel the throw. Excelent seat of the pants dyno gains. 1 bad thing. I friggin burnned my arm on one of the tips. I was adjusting the tips at the hangers and didn't realize these things got thathot. Well they do. Now my arm hurts. I am very impressed with the all around sound of this system. I will post some pics and some video very soon. Oh and even with welding it took less than an hour to install.
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Good stuff, I can wait for mine.
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

sounds nice...too bad i don't feel like driving that far
      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Thats NICE! Did you do anything with the cat or is it still stock? Cuz I was thinking of doing a lazy way so dont have to put out alot of money at once cuz I just bought the car and do a high flow cat this summer, then do some pipes and mufflers later.
        2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
        Gotta have it Green color
        Brembo brake package
        420 HP 5.0L
        Ford Racing Power Pack
        GT500 track pack differential cover
        BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Nothing with the cat yet. I am going to upgrade the intake and pcm first. If you want one of these exhausts gt-r is about to have these kits avalable as bolt on. I have seen these kits in person and they will be easy to install. They will be 499. Well worth it. All stainless and a true 2.5 inch. I have run around town and I have already been asked what I have and that sort of thing. This exhaust is hot. I will post the video and pice after work tomorow.
          You are an e-pimp.
          07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.

Comment

What person's exhaust are you referring to?
            2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
            Forge Motorsports BPV
            CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
            HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
            HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Because we have 2 cats witch are bolted directly onto the Manifold, your going to be very limited in what you can do.
              2009 Panther Black G8 GT
              334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Because there are 2 cats, one for each bank, the cats do not pose a restriction, unless turbos are added, and I would not recommend going to a turbo. Replacing the factory cats is a waste of money and energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
                  What person's exhaust are you referring to?
                  Relax brotha. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I just like mine. Like we said earlier we will compare soundclips and stuff. The mand bend is where its at. The video that gt-r had on here didn't do justice to this system. I hope my videos turn out better. I wish we could fix the shifting soon.
                  You are an e-pimp.

Comment

is this engine specific or will it work on any G6? sounds like a nice setup. i *was* planning on buying a muffler and having everything custom made but i will definately keeps my eye on this setup. post up some pics of tips near and far from a couple angles when you get the chance. gotta look good to make the cut. :smoke:

Comment

Here's a big pic of the tips

Comment

haha nice, i need to see them on the car though

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                          is this engine specific or will it work on any G6?
                          This kit should work on both the base and the GTP.

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                            haha nice, i need to see them on the car though
                            Ok

Comment

GT-R whats the ETA?
                              2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                              334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Working...
                              X