Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake Resonator

Yes, another thread about it.

After injuring myself several times in several hours, I still couldn't get it out.

I've removed the plastic pushpin, and it came loose. I felt where the bolt is, but I'm having hell of a time trying to unscrew that bolt.

Any tips on how to get at that?
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

I don't recall having to unscrew any bolts to get the resonator out...?
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Nope.. me either... honestly if your having that much of a problem getting it out through the hole of the headlight, try and removing the airbox its more work than you should have to do but will make the job 100 times easier than what it seems your going through now!
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

yea, there's bolts for the air box, but not for the resonator...the res just has tabs that pull off...it's still not easy, just have to keep working at it
        -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
        Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Nope.. me either... honestly if your having that much of a problem getting it out through the hole of the headlight, try and removing the airbox its more work than you should have to do but will make the job 100 times easier than what it seems your going through now!
          Tried that. All I see is the opening into the resonator itself. Removed the whole airbox and I only see the body.

I'm not having trouble getting it through the cavity yet. I'm having trouble detaching it.
          <-- Gray G6? Click!
          2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

i used a huge ass screw driver, wedged it down next to the tab and eventually pried it off

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
            Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Is there only one tab? It's stuck in the rear on mine. Got the pushpin no problem.
              <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

there's only one tab in the far back that is a pain, the others are easy

Comment

for me, the hacksaw was too big to get in there, so i took the actual blade off of it and held with my hand and cut it

try that
                  2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

I twisted the SHIT out of mine untill I broke it free from all three of those tab things... then hacksawed the little side tank or whatever you'd call it the same way Teelo said he did his!
                    Originally posted by Toyz
                    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I twisted the SHIT out of mine untill I broke it free from all three of those tab things... then hacksawed the little side tank or whatever you'd call it the same way Teelo said he did his!
                      i hacksawed the side thing off, but then it still wouldnt come out so i believe i just cut a chunk out of the actual resonator itself
                      2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Yea I wouldn't be worried about salvaging this part. I doubt the dealership would notice it's missing, so if you just rip it out and break it it shouldn't be a problem. Plus if you really really need it, it's only about $35 from GM.
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

wow so much work for so little.
                          2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                          334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

wow all that cutting Of course that is alot easier then what i did I removed screws from the passenger side bumper cover until i was able to barely squeeze that sum bish through the openning. Its like trying to squeeze something the size of a watermelon out a hole the size of a lemon And ofcourse i had to realign my front plastic cover on the passenger side. Tho all in all it wasnt to bad. I did have to use a big Pry bar to pop that back clip.
                            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I just removed the headlight and then cut it in half and pulled it out took about 15 mins
                              Shit happens, Drive faster
                              GO SENS GO!!!!!!!
                              :) :) :) :) :) :)
                              GO SENS GO!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X