curious noob, right here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curious noob, right here

Ever since when I had gotten my Malibu Maxx I was looking for performance parts, and exterior and interior design. I found next to nothing. Out of curiosity what have you Maxx owners put on yours and where have you all found it.

All I have found were universal parts like:
    carbon fiber hoodscoop
    carbon fiber side vents
    carbon fiber side flares
    stage 3 performance chip
    and vertical door kits
    WWRJD?... HE'D KICK SOME ASS

Strangely, it seems that the base Malibu has a bit more (and I mean a teeeny weeeeeeeny bit, we have some tail lights and y'all don't).

As far as performance mods on the Maxx, the only think I'm aware of is an intake (DS ones should fit), and a tune (Vector has said they can do it, although its different from the Malibu/G6 tune). There was talk at one time of the exhaust fitting between a G6 and the Maxx since (from my understanding) you guys are on the same wheel base, but I never heard an answer. You could always have a shop do a custom run, I think drunkenmaxx did and loves it. I've seen a Razzi body kit, but not much else for exterior. Interior-wise, there's the Metra/Scosche kits if you go with an aftermarket radio. I'm willing to bet Eibach has a lowering spring kit for the Maxx as well (I'm seeing a brief mention of kit 3868.140 around the net, but no hard records). The kit for the regular Malibu is the same as the G6 (38103.140), so it might be worth contacting them to see if it works for the Maxx too. Can also look into Powerslot rotors and Hawk pads, they seem to be popular around here. Again, it might be hit or miss with the numbers but the ones for the Malibu/G6 are: rotors (F)8278 (R)8279 and pads (F)HB524F.740 (R)HB524F.540 (on a side note, the cardomain site says those numbers fit an 04 Maxx, so I bet they work).

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

thanx

I've been looking but haven't found anything other than universals. I love the car but there really is not much for it like you said. I wish I could find a carbon fiber hood with hoodscoop. Carbon Creations might have some.

I'm trying to get my hands on a black malibu maxx so I can tint the windows black and the carbon would look better on it.

if anybody wants to see links to the above items just post back saying so.

Comment

Bi-Curious perhaps?????

yes/no? me/you? huhuhuhuhuhuhuh ? no? ok.
        The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Originally posted by colinpeddle
          Bi-Curious perhaps?????

colin ur crazy!

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
          TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
          Show
          -20% tint
          -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
          -Professionally heated seats

Comment

haha i like your thread always have "right here". you should make it a tradition.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
            TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
            Show
            -20% tint
            -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
            -Professionally heated seats

Comment

right here

I should make it a tradition.

hmm mabey I should get 1percent tint on a black maxx ss, right lenny.

to colin,
              no, I'm not bi curious.

Comment

Originally posted by colinpeddle
                Bi-Curious perhaps?????

WTF

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                - DS S3 Intake
                - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

^ Exactly.
                  G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                  Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                  Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                  20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

just get exhaust custom, you'll be glad you did.

i have clips of mine on this page:
                    http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopi ... c&start=15

Comment

Working...
                    X