How to turn off the damn AC!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to turn off the damn AC!?!?!

it is currently 36 degrees here in Casper and the snow is starting to fall... I use my remote starter, fire up the car, let it warm up a bit, get in, put in the key and i'm off to go to Walmart (need milk...) - my exciting Sunday!

I have a GTP so I have the auto climate control - here's the question: How does one turn off the AC? i read in the manual that if you have the climate control set to auto, as long as it is above 40 degrees (was warmer than outside in the garage) the AC will always be on! I really don't need or want it on. Anybody figure out a way to pull a wire or something?

maybe a toggle switch on the AC button to kill the relay?
    Red LED interior, custom floor & trunk lights - LED marker lights, Spider Lite tail lights (used bulbs instead of resistor -ask me how!) - Formula One Pinnaacle 15% Tint - Hard wired Cobra radar detector - Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI - next... white face gauges and a custom LED glove box light

A toggle switch on the fuse heh.
    The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

you do that? or just agreeing with me?
      Red LED interior, custom floor & trunk lights - LED marker lights, Spider Lite tail lights (used bulbs instead of resistor -ask me how!) - Formula One Pinnaacle 15% Tint - Hard wired Cobra radar detector - Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI - next... white face gauges and a custom LED glove box light

Comment

I just don't know if a switch on the button will do it, because it's automatically coming on.

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

well, if the relay the button is wired to does not get power, the AC can't turn on... i'd much rather pull a fuse of something...

Comment

Easy enough to pull the fuse. It is just down in the panel.

I do not however, know if there will be any adverse reactions from not having it.

Comment

2 ways to find out! the easy way and the "oh F@CK" way!

i'll see if i can't figure it out - anybody have a schemetic of the HVAC system? :wacko:

Comment

heres some info for yah-

When I had got my new truck from my company the a/c would be when ever I would use the defroster or the heater. So I went in and talked to the head mechanic in our shop. He said that almost every new car and truck would have the a/c on not only when your using the a/c, but also when you are using the defroster or the heater. -It was back in 2005 when I asked this- I asked him the reason for it and he said that manufacturers are doing this cause by using the a/c system when you use defrost or heat you end up with hotter air coming out of the vents then if you just used vent air alone. So maybe cause you have the auto climate control its doing this. I know he said that it won't damage anything by doing this. You could always check with your dealer though. It just seems to be something new that all the OEM's are doing with their new cars and trucks. Personally I think its stupid as I would prefer to have the ability to chose for myself, but whatever. I don't know however as too how you can disable it, but I thought I would tell you a possible why, its doing this.

Comment

The A/C will kick in no matter what really. When the car first starts it not hot enough for it to not try and heat up the air using the air condition. Everything thinks of the A/C just cooling air but it can do both in cars. Most of the time however when you want warm air it just uses blowers and takes radiant engine heat which is 10x easier. However when the car is just turned on, (cold) it can't do that.
                  2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                  Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                  Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                  2005 CGM GTO.
                  386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                  2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

A/C comes on in defrost to dry out the air
                    who wants to be shooting moist air at a freezing cold windshield as you would then have a wet windshield

by shooting dry air at it your not going to keep accumutaling frost or other condensation on the windshield

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                    Originally posted by snowmanG6
                    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

A/C makes sure you can still see out your windows when you defrost

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                      - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                      - DS S3 Intake
                      - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

I have the answer to your problem. Get a 2005 G6 they dont have auto climate control i know cuz i have an 05
                        Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ. Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

Comment

^^ LOL want to sell it cheap?

I have heard about the AC drying the air out - but this is mountain desert man! hardly ever gets above 20% humidity...

i guess i'm just gonna have to keep pushing the button...

Comment

It's not a big deal to leave it running. Might use a bit more gas but that's really about it.

Comment

I have done full tank runs with the compressor both on and off and it doesn't seem to matter mileage-wise.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                              - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                              - DS S3 Intake
                              - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Working...
                              X