New V8 BMW M3 Coupe...haawwt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New V8 BMW M3 Coupe...haawwt!

This thing is sweeet! Even though it'll probably cost upwards of $70K...

-Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

you know what I will never understand about GM!! They have a 3.9L engine in the GTP (wich is supposed to be the best of the best model) now BMW comes out with a 4.0 and yes grantit it goes to an 8 cyl but it pushes out damn near 200 more horse.. couldnt GM have gotten the GTP up to around at least 300!!!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

That's cuz they're stuck in the push-rod engine world...
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Yeah but if you think about the cost it makes sense.

Comment

The fact its a push rod engine is irrelevant to making HP. GM could easily hop up the power with a hotter top end but the MPG would suffer and it would cause problems with the relatively weak transaxle as well as pricing the car over 30k and out of the range of people who would actually buy it.

Having 2 more cylinders does make quite a bit of difference but you're talking about an M-series car, a G6 isn't exactly in the same class.
          2005 G6 GT, DD duty and lovin it.
          1995 Firebird Formula, tire shredding money pit.

Comment

Exactly, the G6 isn't in the same class as the M3, so there's really no point in bitching about the engines.

I'm sure that our engines cost about half the amount to produce as the 4.0l that's going into the M3.

In the same class as the G6, the 3900, while not the top engine, probably has the best torque curve of all the cars. The 3900 should also be a cheaper engine than the 3.5 that Honda uses, and the 3.5 that Nissan uses. DOHC makes an engine huge and expensive. I'm willing to bet that Honda's and Nissan's engines are physically larger than ours as well.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

anyone else click the "Civic Type-R" link on that page?

Comment

Working...
              X