Headlight Aim/Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Aim/Position

Does anyone have a diagram or a procedure for aiming the headlights?
    I hit a deer on the right side of my car and just got it back from the shop. They replaced the right headlight and it now points considerably lower than the left.
    I appreciate any assistance.

Black 2007 GT coupe with Sport Package.
    DoctorSpeed CAB, 5/15% tint, G5 spoiler, Euro Black Tailz, GM Strut Bar, GY Eagle F1 A/S Tires.

off hand i know theres 2 screews you can by the head light turning those screews will aim the light

aim it by parking about 10 ft away from a wall and aim it so it is level with teh other adn pointing just slightly in so you dont blind oncomming traffic

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Do you know the specific height in which the center of each headlight beam should be off the ground when parked 10ft away? Preferably the factory spec or a measurement of a known good? Are they suppose to be the same? I have seen some that are at different heights from the factory...not a G6 though.
      Thanks.

Black 2007 GT coupe with Sport Package.
      DoctorSpeed CAB, 5/15% tint, G5 spoiler, Euro Black Tailz, GM Strut Bar, GY Eagle F1 A/S Tires.

Comment

the procedure is in you user manual
        if i remember it goes something like this
        25feet away from a wall on level ground
        measure the distance from the ground to the cirle on the headlight
        mark the distance u measured on the wall
        adjust your beams just below that line

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
          Every time I've used the wall to figure it out I always get people flashing me
          That sounds like a personal problem there buddy!
          2009 PONTIAC G8
          MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Posts were moved to

G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Working...
            X