Interior Panel Bezels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Panel Bezels

Does anyone know how to remove all the interior panel bezels(Windows/Locks, Steering wheel, and Shifter Panel)? I'm thinking about painting them.

Thanks!
    Blue Man Group

the window ones on the door unscreew adn then pop out
    in the handle theres a black rubber pad that comes out under there are 2 30torx screews the shifter bezel i dont know off hand

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

gotta pull up the entire center console to remove the shifter trim...it's a lotta work...

2009 PONTIAC G8
      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

OMG swapping out my center shifter trim was a PAIN in the ASS!!

Prepare yourself for the experience by drinking several beers.

The back of my leather shifter is Chrome but I removed that back piece from my regular shifter and I was going to flame it up but I wimped
        out and spent all my spare cash on other car stuff.

I thought that would be cool.
        PRIORITIES!!

Heya Mike...is your stuff still peeling?
        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

I wasn't planning on painting the chrome on the shifter. Just the shifter console and all the interior Bezels that are that silverish color. I don't want to go such a dark blue maybe a silverish blue would look good. What do you think?
          Blue Man Group

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
            Heya Mike...is your stuff still peeling?
            Badly.

Gonna try to redo it before the maryland meet...
            2009 PONTIAC G8
            MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

What can you do to prevent it from peeling?
              Blue Man Group

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked
                What can you do to prevent it from peeling?
                Don't paint it

Comment

seal it?

maybe?
                  SSSS Czar

Comment

Sand it good, use a harsh grit, like 100 or 60. Prime it correctly. Paint in very thin coats. Make sure the clear coat is very good.

The thicker the coat, the more it'll peel. I don't think sealing it would work, that usually only applies to thinks which are porous. (i think).

Sand. Prime. Paint. Clear.
                    The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

^^^ Thanks Colin
                      Blue Man Group

Comment

No worries.... I got a right handle trim piece from a scrap yard the other day to try some colors on.

Trying to decide which color to go. My entire interior is black, so I'm thinking I might go to an off black, like a grey, gunmetal... I like dark colors in my interior.

I dunno what I'm going to do tho.

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Originally posted by colinpeddle
                          Sand it good, use a harsh grit, like 100 or 60.
                          I wouldn't do that If I were you. If you use anything as harsh as 100 or 60, your interior pieces WILL be ruined.
                          For one, you won't be able to get the scratches out of things as smooth as your center shifter trim. Second...most other pieces (porous surfaces) will fray up, become more rough than the porous surface in it's stock form, and end up looking like crap. No easy fix for either outcome.

If you aren't willing experiment on interior pieces that you can get for next to nothing at a local junk yard, I wouldn't paint anything. I know too many people that were sickened by how they ruined their interior, by preping things improperly.

*waits for the newfie to get mad at the bluenoser*

http://www.sharpshooterv1.com/index.php?act=idx

Comment

You're right. I forgot to mention the finer more obvious details. lol..

YES, you use a harsh grit, BUT, you don't rub the shit out of it. From my experiences, anything softer, like 500+ won't gruff the plastic up enough for the primer to adhere properly.

If you use 500 or 800 even, you won't even feel the sanding with your hand. Just simply be gentle.

SO, start by using a harsher grit, not applying hard pressure. Once it is scuffed enough, switch to a softer grit, 250, moving upwards to 800, to remove any mistakes you've made with the harsh shit. The softer stuff, used on top harsh, will help smooth it out. Prime it well. Primer will go a long way to filling in the sanded grooves. Your color+clear will gloss it up again.

Also, you'll want a tack pad to remove the fine bits sanded off. Have paint thinner on hand, you never know.

And no. I wouldn't punch anyone from N.S in the nose. I'm just happy to have someone within ~1000km of me lol!!!!!!!

:warped:

Comment

Just save your $$ and entrust it to a professional.

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Working...
                              X