Visor Air Bag Label

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visor Air Bag Label

Well I got sick of those lables on the 6's visor. I started working on the driver side label and got the label off and now have some adhesive still on the visor. I used 3M general purpose adhesive remover and got most of it out but there is still some left. I do not want to use to much of it at one time because it is pretty strong smelling

Anyone on this forum removed those labels and what did you use to get the adhesive off? I also heard of using lighter fluid but I dont have any to try.

Any other suggestions.

Re: Visor Air Bag Label

Originally posted by Silver350
    Well I got sick of those lables on the 6's visor. I started working on the driver side label and got the label off and now have some adhesive still on the visor. I used 3M general purpose adhesive remover and got most of it out but there is still some left. I do not want to use to much of it at one time because it is pretty strong smelling

Anyone on this forum removed those labels and what did you use to get the adhesive off? I also heard of using lighter fluid but I dont have any to try.

Any other suggestions.
    im just gonna buy the D.S sticker from RK and put it right over them!

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
    Show
    -20% tint
    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Do you have a link I might need to get one if I cannot get the adhisive off.

I would prefer no stickers on the visor though. For the passenger side I am going to take a hair dryer to it and see if I will be able to get the label off with more of the adhesive stuck to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver350
        Do you have a link I might need to get one if I cannot get the adhisive off.

I would prefer no stickers on the visor though. For the passenger side I am going to take a hair dryer to it and see if I will be able to get the label off with more of the adhesive stuck to it.
        these are overlays to go right over the airbag stickers. they say G6 GTP on them. but i dont know wat trim you have. heres the link to it!
        http://www.rkvinyl.com/store/index.php? ... oductId=13

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
        TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
        Show
        -20% tint
        -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
        -Professionally heated seats

Comment

If you just keep at it over time it should remove enough for you to be happy, don't saturate it all at once and just do it in small steps. That said it's going to be tough to get all of it out.

Comment

agreed

shoulda just put new sticker over it, or put new material all over it be faster

Comment

here is what the doc speed ones look like

Comment

Thank you for the link. Unfortinatly my car is only a GT. I was hoping they may have some grey ones that would kind of blend in with the visor. Right now I have it pretty good on one side you can hardly see the adhesive. I called my friend and he has some remover that he got from a friend that use to work on upolstry (SP?) so I am going to give that a try

Comment

a friend of a friends remover stuff eh?

Your dooomed.
                  Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                  Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                  WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

you could always just rip the P off and have gt that easy

Comment

Well I was able to get the adheshive off of the visors. I got some Zep spot remover and it took it all off. The passenger side label I heated the label off and probably 85 percent of the adhesive came off with the label. So my advice is take a hairdryer too it and heat it up before you peel it off. it makes for less the clean up effort

Comment

Well I was bored today and I figure I should take some pictures to show all of you how it turned out. So here they are finally.

Comment

Looks good. Much cleaner.
                          Originally posted by Nikki
                          You are an e-pimp.
                          Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                          I tried too, my penis way too big
                          07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                          My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                          The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

i stuck the decals on mine
                            Originally posted by jeffro
                            nice laura, real nice!!!

Comment

wow you did a good job getting those off. Looks nice.
                              '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Working...
                              X