Exhaust mod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust mod.

Do our cars have a resonator (@ 3' long) in the middle of the exhaust system?? If not, what is it?? How restrictive is it? If I have that taken off and a straight pipe installed, I should get some gains...any SES light or Check Eng. light?? You think it will sound good??

Thanks
    2006 G6 Sedan...V6, K/N Filter, SS Magnaflow exhaust tip, SS Magnaflow 4" round.

very restrictive, How many miles do u have on your car. look at the res and look for discolorations. The dark spots are where the restrictions are. I am getting an exhaust put on sun by gt-r. Look for pics and video on here soon.
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

you have to remove the right headlight to git to the resonator that is below the filter. There are plenty of pics in this forum to help. I did mine just this past wednesday and it sounds much better. 2 tips, there are three spots on the resonator that are attached, 2 are easy to see one is not. the other is that once you have unhooked everything around the headlight it'll appear to be stuck on the back left. you won't want to but all you have to do is just pull hard because the ball joint that is holding it in is pretty stubborn but it will come out. well worth it.
      bigben

2006 G6 GTP Coupe 6spd

Comment

WOW... I'm really confused about this thread, anybody else???
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Big ben he was talkin about the exhaust not the intake. That should clear it up red.
          Originally posted by Nikki
          You are an e-pimp.
          Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
          I tried too, my penis way too big
          07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
          My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
          The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Ohh haha, I thought I missed something

Comment

I have 3900 miles. I also thought about having the passenger side rear fascia cut to match the existing side and either have a tailpipe welded into the existing muffler or get a new muffler with2 tailpipes..so to have dual exhausts. $80 to have the fascia cut to match sound about right??
              2006 G6 Sedan...V6, K/N Filter, SS Magnaflow exhaust tip, SS Magnaflow 4" round.

Comment

not when you can pay about $80 and get the GTP one which will replace the single outlet and come with dual outlets already cut and they are going to be perfect!

Comment

Really...where can I get it. How hard is it to remove the existing fascia and put on the GTP one??

Comment

Not very hard at all.. the 4 or so people who have made their own exhaust have used it and posted threads about it, just look around and you'll find them (plus it will give you some ideas). The valance cost under $100 from the dealership, way less if you can get a hook up from your salesman, a friend or something!!

Comment

I'll look around on here...thanks.

Comment

n/p

Look for a thread posted by coupe or GTR, I cant think of whoelse has done it but those are the 2 that stick out in my head!

Comment

Cost $67 from the dealer. Easy to put on.
                          Part # 22712778 and only $44.50 if you can find someone who
                          works there to give you their discount. I couldnt. Oh well.
                          Here is a snap of my sedan right after I put it on
                          a few months back.
                          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

FYI...http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm

who needs the friend!

Comment

Looks like your the friend
                              Whats shipping? hhmmmmmm
                              Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Working...
                              X