Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does everyone use to clean their Rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does everyone use to clean their Rims?

Hey just wonder what anyone uses to clean the stock rims? When I had my last car I bought one of the bottles of rim cleaner I forget the brand but it ended up wrecking my rims. It made them fade in some spots and I don't want the same thing to happen this time.
    Shit happens, Drive faster
    GO SENS GO!!!!!!!
    :) :) :) :) :) :)
    GO SENS GO!!!!!!!

I use this stuff and its the best stuff I have ever used!!!!

http://www.meguiars.com/whatsnew/newpro ... ?SKU=G9524

^well that stuff replaced the stuff I actually use, but apparently its the same stuff:

2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

I've used the same thing that Nikki put down, works awsome on any finish or rims. Honestly I now just use a rim brush and the car soap no chemicals anymore. Thats weird that a rim cleaner would wreck your rims but its not uncommon, the most common thing I've seen is that people spray it on when the rims are still hot or they dont rinse it off quickly enough!
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

awsome thanks
        Shit happens, Drive faster
        GO SENS GO!!!!!!!
        :) :) :) :) :) :)
        GO SENS GO!!!!!!!

Comment

Wheel cleaner can very easily damage rims, I've never used that stuff but I know they usually tell you to not leave it on for very long. Everything I've seen had some sort of warning against it.

Soap and water for me, safer and cheaper. You can also try clay to get off all the brake dust and anything else that doesn't come off with washing.

Comment

yea every bottle says to test in a small spot and watch for hazing. I use that Meguiar's stuff too, but right now I'm using Black Magic wheel cleaner because they had a 2-pack special Works just as good as the Meguiar's
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

i dont use wheel cleaner on the shiny part of the rim, i just use the mitt that i use to wash the body of the car. i wouldn't use a brush on the shiny part of the stock 18's.
              -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
              Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Yeah the stock 18's scratch very easily. I have a bunch that I need to polish out on my polished 18's.

Comment

yea i wont make that mistake again...i also had to polish some out

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                  Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
                    i dont use wheel cleaner on the shiny part of the rim, i just use the mitt that i use to wash the body of the car. i wouldn't use a brush on the shiny part of the stock 18's.
                    So you wont use a brush but you'll wash you rims with the same mit you wash your car??? Seems odd but hey everyone has their own methods!

Comment

the bristles on the brush i have are harder than a wool mitt...would you use your rim brush on the body of your car? and obviously i wash the rims after the car itself.

the combination of rim brush and wheel cleaner is harsher than a wool mitt and car wash soap

Comment

I have a separate mitt for the wheels. I'll use the rim cleaner first, spray it off, then use one mitt and clean each wheel thoroughly. Then I'll wash the car with the other mitt.
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

/\ Ditto... all that dirt from your car and rims is transferring along to the other rims. Not to mention that you said you sprayed the chemical on the mit!! I have a $15 brush for washing my rims its soft as hell and has never left a scratch on my rims and they are clearcloated like a car!

Comment

i'm confused...i don't spray anything on the mitt, i dip it into the bucket with car wash soap after i'm done washing the car. the shiny part of the rims are usually cleaner than the body of my car anyways, they hardly ever get dirty.

Comment

ohh my bad my bad... I thought you said you sprayed wheel cleaner on the same mit you wash your car with, thats why I was like WTF haha.. but Mike has the right idea I have a seperate mit I use for my rims as well just incase!

Comment

Working...
                              X