different place for intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• different place for intake

Sorry if I sound like an idiot but today was the first time I've done anything to improve any of my automobiles and the first time I've ever posted on a forum so be patient. I have an 06 gtp coupe 6spd and I removed the intake muffler(?) below the filter and I just thought that the intake tube was entirely too long. I've researched stage 3 CAI's and they go back to that same area and it just seems too far. Could I get a custom tube that is much shorter and drop it down to the open area right behind the radiator and below and to the left of the battery? There is a big opening that a K&N cone filter would fit in but I'm hesitant because it is exposed to the elements from underneath the engine. Can that filter be exposed like that or does it need a semi-inclosed area like the one below the stock filter that the stage 3 cone filter goes in? It just seems smarter to have a shorter tube with less bends. Let me know if I'm close or way off the mark.
    bigben
    bigben

2006 G6 GTP Coupe 6spd

Re: different place for intake

Originally posted by bigben
    Sorry if I sound like an idiot but today was the first time I've done anything to improve any of my automobiles and the first time I've ever posted on a forum so be patient. I have an 06 gtp coupe 6spd and I removed the intake muffler(?) below the filter and I just thought that the intake tube was entirely too long. I've researched stage 3 CAI's and they go back to that same area and it just seems too far. Could I get a custom tube that is much shorter and drop it down to the open area right behind the radiator and below and to the left of the battery? There is a big opening that a K&N cone filter would fit in but I'm hesitant because it is exposed to the elements from underneath the engine. Can that filter be exposed like that or does it need a semi-inclosed area like the one below the stock filter that the stage 3 cone filter goes in? It just seems smarter to have a shorter tube with less bends. Let me know if I'm close or way off the mark.
    bigben
    Thats where mine is, no issues with it so far. Take some time and read a few of the intake threads there is plenty of good info.
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

It might sound stupid but what the f is a thread?
      bigben

2006 G6 GTP Coupe 6spd

Comment

A thread is all the different subjects with in a topic and a post is all the answers for the topic by each person! Hope that helped some for yah, you'll get the hang of it and your already doing better than some other newbs that have come and gone. Just be prepared that once you get the feeling for it, you'll never stop posting
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

this is probably the thread you're looking for
          -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
          Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

thanks for the thread link and your right, I'm pretty much hooked.
            bigben

2006 G6 GTP Coupe 6spd

Comment

2006 G6 GTP Coupe
              :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
              :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
              :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

hey, i was just supplying him with the info he wanted. i'd still rather have my stage 3 from you kyle
                -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

nah, the was for the addiction
                  2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                  :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                  :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                  :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Working...
                  X