How-To Install White Face Gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How-To Install White Face Gauges

Okay this is going to be a weird how-to because honestly the install is so easy that there is not much needed to write about it. Once you get the gauge cluster out of the dash it takes about 10 mins to swap the old face with the new one!

FYI: I would take a mental note of where the needles are with the car running (gas,tach and temp) just to make sure YOU put them back in the right spot when this is done!

Step 1: Read How-To on removing the cluster bezel

Step 2: Using a 9/32 socket remove the 4 screws holding the cluster on (see pic) there are two on the top and bottom.

(2 Screws on other side in same posistion obviously haha)

Step 3: Pull the cluster out of the hole and unclip the harness (only 1) from the back of the cluster. Now IMO this was the hardest thing to do because I couldnt get my fat finger in there to lift the tab on the harness

Step 4: There are about 6 clips (white ones) that will remove the cluster from the big bezel (not one with chrome rings) if you look at the picture you see it can come apart in three sections but you only need to put it into 2 sections unless you mess up the needles like I did (will explain later)

Step 5: Take the needles off, you kind of have to be forcefull but not nutzo about it. Once they are off simply swap out the old face with the new one and reverse the steps placing the needles where you took them off (should all be at "zero").

FYI: When you take the needles off the speedo, temp and gas you can kinda loosen them up by twisting them past zero and it makes it easier for them to come off. You dont have to worry because the pins holding the needles on wont go past zero at least mine didnt, the only one that does is the tach. So if you glance at the last picture I posted for step 4 you will see that the clear lense with the chrome rings can come off, you want to take this off before you totally reinstall the cluster because you can adjust the needles if they are off a little bit. Simply remove the clear lense, put the cluster back (connecting the harness of course) and turn the car on if the tach or anything else is not where it should be than you can fix it with the car on now! I had a problem with the tach needle being jumpy but I think I just pressed it on to hard, I pulled it up a little and now its normal. Once everything is back to normal install the clear shield, screw everything back down, replace the bezel and enjoy.

Any questions let me know and I'll add in or answer!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Loooks fuggin nice, why didn't wanyone make me buy these?!?!
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I think chris can still get them... I think the 5 of us were just to get the ball rolling... which kind of sucks because I thought it was going to be a limited edition but either way alot of people arent going to have them...

Comment

nice

Comment

Gone
          ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

gone

Comment

That's what I call a clusterf***.

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Nice writeup...
                Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

heres another little helpful hint.... put them all back on where they should go when the cars off... put the cluster back in but do not put back on the bezel this can clip back on at anytime!! Start the car and if the needles (rpm and gas mainly) are not where they should be, you can adjust them with the car running. Then put on the bezel with the clear plastic and chrome rings and boom... done and adjusted properly. Also because I dont remember if I put this in there or not, I think I pressed a little hard when putting the neededles back on so they moved a little choppy. As long as they are in place your okay, dont need superstrength to put them on! Hope some of that info helped!

Comment

have any night shots of it lit up?
                    You're doing it all wrong...you gotta cup the balls, relax the jaw...

Comment

in the words of John....

and the search will be your friend

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/view ... ght=gauges

Comment

Gone
                        ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

hmm

Comment

Heh cutting FTW.
                            Chris White
                            http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
                            2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
                            2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
                            2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
                            2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
                            2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

in the words of John....

and the search will be your friend

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/view ... ght=gauges
                              Am I becoming that guy!?
                              Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Working...
                              X