Scosche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scosche

Has anyone tried contacting them recently regarding their dash kit? I'm having issues with mine - sent them an email at techsupport@scosche.com around noon on the 25th and havent heard anything back yet. Am I getting antsy for no reason?

Recently, I began noticing my dash kit having problems displaying things on the LCD. When turning on the car, sometimes the last thing I selected appears, and sometimes it does not. Pressing the info button continues through the cycle of information, starting at where it should be with the last displayed item like it was trying to display it, but the line was blank. After traveling 10-15 minutes, sometimes the second line will just magically appear without pressing anything. Cutting the car off and on does not seem to have any perceivable effect.

My software revision is 3.2 if that helps any.

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

The same thing happens to me I don't think its a big deal though, I just thought it was recalculating the Miles I had left on my tank. Let me know what they respond to you though!
    Blue Man Group

Comment

I didn't think anything of it when it first started, like you I was using something fuel related. But I started playing with it and noticed it does it on any setting, which is kind of annoying. Sometimes it comes right up, and other times it can take a bit before it appears.

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Still no reply. I think I'm going to send another email out this evening when I have a bit of time.

Comment

Hmm... Keep me updated!
          Blue Man Group

Comment

Well, it seems I FINALLY get a response today.

Dear Daniel,

We apologize for the delay in response. We have forwarded your inquiry to our Engineering department for review. They have asked for additional information:

What year make/model is your particular vehicle?

How long has the kit been in use?

Best regards,

Scosche Industries, Inc.

Comment

Another response today, and some good news. Hopefully the replacement will fix the issue.

Wicked, I've found out that if you open the door after you start the car, the LCD returns to normal as soon as you close it, so just start the door with the car open until you can talk them into giving you a replacement, haha.

I'll post results in here when I get the new one in.

Dear Daniel,

After review it sounds like you have intermittent segments or joints in the LCD display. We are going to have to replace the item for you.

Since you have been waiting for a time I ca make an exception and send you out a replacement and you can send me your bad kit after you install the new one.

Normally we require you to send us the item first.

Let me have you address so we can send a kit out.

Thanks,

Jerry Elliott
              Tech Support Supervisor
              Security Products Manager
              Scosche Industries, Inc.

Comment

Awesome thanks!
                Blue Man Group

Comment

Just emailed them, hopefully it won't take them years to respond! Now do you have to mail your old on back or are they just giving you the new on for free?
                  Blue Man Group

Comment

He said I'll have to mail the old one back when I get the new one. And I'd give them about 1.5 weeks for an initial response, its almost like they've only got one guy working the CS queue.

Comment

at least they're going to try and fix the problem, keep us updated how they handle everything else and how the new unit works out for ya.
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I just emailed them. Hopefully they'll do the same for me
                        Blue Man Group

Comment

I've got the new unit sitting on my dining room table, its been there for about four days now. I didn't get a chance to install it this weekend, but will post an update when I get around to it (probably this saturday).

Comment

I messaged them about 2 weeks ago. Still no response
                            Blue Man Group

Comment

yeah, as stated above, i had to get kind of snippy with them at the one week mark with a reminder email before i got any sort of response. their response times are crazy.

Comment

Working...
                              X