White Gauges Installed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Gauges Installed!

It was super super easy, honestly about 1 hour if that from removing the bezel and cluster to laying the new face and re-installing the entire thing. The needles just get pulled off and go back in the same place, the only one that moves is the tach I messed that one up but its an easy quick fix simple as starting up the car, taking off the clear outer lense (like 6 clips) and turning the tach (I just fucked it up when I put it back on but shouldnt be a problem for anyone else)

Will do a how-to in a couple mins with better pics and I will post "night shots" in about 20 mins!

Sorry for the not so good night shots, but I got them the best I could and hell its only 2 in the afternoon haha
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

awesome. Now we need some pics of it in the car and those night shots you speak of
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
      awesome. Now we need some pics of it in the car and those night shots you speak of
      agreed!
      Originally posted by colinpeddle
      They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
      That here, by G6er law, we lie
      Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
      THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

sweet, and you can see all the symbols, i kinda like that

cant wait for the night shots, maybe ill make the guy from work go get mine now

Comment

night shots are fine, looks good in the car, glad i got these

seems like the needle is showing up better to me for some reason, i like it though noah looks good, hopefully ill join ya in that this evening if i can get mine from the guy

and install them before my girl gets down here

Comment

the night shots don't really look any different than stock...i thought the white might glow more...i'm still glad i didn't get them, i wouldn't like them on my entirely black car, but they probably look better in your red car and amazing in a white g6
            -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
            Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
              the night shots don't
              why would they glow more? they arent indiglows

as for color of car, i think it will look good in the blue too, the gold would look pretty good too, as i seen one of those other day, look quite sharp actually

Comment

Looks good. Maybe next go around I'll get a set. Just didn't want to take the chance this time.
                2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
                  the night shots don't really look any different than stock...i thought the white might glow more...i'm still glad i didn't get them, i wouldn't like them on my entirely black car, but they probably look better in your red car and amazing in a white g6
                  IMO I didnt want them to look much different at night, they do glow a little more with the red from the needles reflecting off white rather than black but nothing major. I think they look good on any interior but thats just my $.02 I'm def glad I got them! Some of you, its probabaly a good thing that you didnt get them, because from knowing you on here you would have flipped and bitched up a storm when you saw that it was as thick as construction paper but thats as thick as the normal GM face was! But to me it was still worth it because I've always loved white gauges and I love the way these look on the car!

Comment

my only question on them is this

the temp gauge seems higher on that face? is that how high it went with the black? or did you need to adjust it?

mine defn doesnt go that high when my car is all the way heated up, which is what i was saying in the original post

Comment

Mine sits about 200 on the dot all the time...

Comment

They look real good. The white gauge faces gives a more sporty appearance to your ride.
                        2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                        Forge Motorsports BPV
                        CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                        HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                        HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

hmmm mine must be cooler than yours then, never seen mine that high..oh well not a big deal

well wait one minute, yours must set that high because our factories are different, you have the exact same face (05 model?) to my 06 model which replaces that 200 with 225, so my original settings must be different also

Comment

CANT freakin wait for mine to get here!!! They should be here tommorow! LOOKS GOOD simply, almost popped some wood LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                              hmmm mine must be cooler than yours then, never seen mine that high..oh well not a big deal

well wait one minute, yours must set that high because our factories are different, you have the exact same face (05 model?) to my 06 model which replaces that 200 with 225, so my original settings must be different also
                              Yeah so I would think that you'd want to run your car to idle and change the temp needle so it sits at about 200-205 because I think thats the temp most of the time

Comment

Working...
                              X