Marvel Mystery oil....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel Mystery oil....

i have used it in my old cars and it kept it running in great condition. I was just wondering if maybe i should start using it on the sixer. Dont know if this will make any diff.....

LINKY

Dont you start to use that stuff later on in the vehicles life???
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
      Dont you start to use that stuff later on in the vehicles life???
      well thats the debate i have. MMO claims that if you start early, youre preventing issues later, but that could be just the old salesman trick

Comment

How long you plan on keepin the 6er? I don't see a reason for using it, but then again it's a mystery to me.
        G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
        Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
        Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
        20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

If I remeber right, mystry oil is thick like a 10w 40. If you have a 2.4L and 3.5L you prob can use it. 3900 DONT, the 3900 has oil jets to cool the pistons and if you read the manual it says anything thicker then 5w 30 can cause engine damage. If I recall right it says under right conditions 10w 30 can be used for aprox 1000 miles or so. But 10w 40 will cause engine damage as its to thick for the oil jets
          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
          Gotta have it Green color
          Brembo brake package
          420 HP 5.0L
          Ford Racing Power Pack
          GT500 track pack differential cover
          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

wish I had oil jets
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Re: Marvel Mystery oil....

Sorry for bringing up an old topic(hey at least I read a lot, page by page).

MMO is a 5w. Very light solvent, which helps cold starts, cleaning out varnish/sludge in an engine and might pick up some MPG's using it in the oil and gas. In my Xterra I noticed MPG improvements and it really helped quiet down engine chatter on cold mornings.

Some people replace 1qt of oil with MMO during an oil change on a 5qt sump and run it the full OCI's, every OCI. Some do a cleaning before the oil change as it keeps contaminants in suspension. They do this 500-1000 miles before changing the oil.

Comment

I use it during the winter or before I put a car in storage, never had a problem. There are a lot of old hot rodders around my part that swear by it. The stuffs been around for like 60 years, its gotta do some sort of good, right?

Comment

It's a good product with good results, one of the few alongside Restore. Also MMO is known to free rings. On the Xterra it was always MMO every tank/OCI(at the end) and Seafoam to de-carbonize the engine.

Comment

Working...
                  X