Is it hard to do??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it hard to do??

Hi, I am new so sorry if I have a question that was already asked.
    I am thinking of getting the custom chrome upper & lower grill inserts for my 2007 G6 GT...dealership said it would be almost $500 including the install...but I saw the parts on ebay for only $100 each...so $200 opposed to $500 is a huge difference. I am not much of a mechanical person...I am lucky I can find the engine of my car (lol) but my boyfriend would be able to help me. would this be something we could do?? Thanks in advance!!!!!
    2007 G6 GT Sedan--blue-gold crystal metallic. Panoramic roof, leather seats, remote starter, what more can you ask for!!
    Chrome uppers & lowers!!!! Blinded by the chrome!!!
    GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!

Official Blueman Group inductee!!

Use the Search Button up top they say.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

Search is a wonderful thing.

Rules on posting here

How to:
      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

use the search, it is talked about

people whom answer, quit enabling

Comment

Re: Is it hard to do??

Originally posted by LaurensG6
          Hi, I am new so sorry if I have a question that was already asked.
          I am thinking of getting the custom chrome upper & lower grill inserts for my 2007 G6 GT...dealership said it would be almost $500 including the install...but I saw the parts on ebay for only $100 each...so $200 opposed to $500 is a huge difference. I am not much of a mechanical person...I am lucky I can find the engine of my car (lol) but my boyfriend would be able to help me. would this be something we could do?? Thanks in advance!!!!!
          Boyfriend notice. The other topic got locked so I couldn't answer your question there.
          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

anyone could do it if you can push a screwdriver up and down

and turn

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
              anyone could do it if you can push a screwdriver up and down

and turn
              Qute enabling lol

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

well it should of been locked a long time ago

Comment

Hey...you guys are too quick to yell search at people.
                  Help if you can! Its what we are here for!

Ill help ya but you gotta come to Texas.

I would go to the regional forum of your area and see if there are any local group meetings. You might luck out and live down the street
                  from someone who can help.

Oh yeah...my dealership installed one lower side for me for free.
                  You might call another dealership.

You can always smile at your boyfriend...?

The uppers look to be easy cheesy. I would use a wooden popsycle stick so as not to hurt your paint though...or a good credit card.

now the bottoms are quite an ordeal. Ive seen those done.
                  They have 3M adhesive on them.
                  Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                  Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                  WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

come to maryland and we'll put them in for you!
                    2009 PONTIAC G8
                    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

yes it would be something you and your boyfriend could do. Just be careful with ebay, u quoted $100 for the new insert grilles. Those might be the ones u already have. I think you are looking for these if i am not mistaken

http://tinyurl.com/23lugp

Comment

getting them in isn't hard just getting the stock ones out is the hard part!
                        been there done that!

Chrome grilles,GM SB,HP Tuners Custom Tune,Mobil 1 Synthetic,15% tint,Custom GTP Floormats,Tinted Taillights, DS Stage 3, GXP Rims.

Comment

The ones I got from Figure Grilles off of ebay were ok to install. I found that both top and bottom were tricky. Mind you I'm not a really mechanical person, but the instructions they sent were good. If your b/f is good at that stuff and gonna help you out then there shouldn't be a problem. Just be careful of the factory paint.

Comment

surely you didnt buy from there, i have a set sitting at my house i have been trying to sell forever now

Comment

oh, and did you actually drill into your bottom grills like the directions ask?

just wondering cause i did not when i had these in, and there is really no point when you can get around it

Comment

Working...
                              X