How-To Remove Instrument Panel Bezel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How-To Remove Instrument Panel Bezel

Allllrighty all you guys who ordered the white face gauges are you ready for this...The how to on removing the cluster bezel WITH PICS!!

Step 1: Unscrew 2 T15 screws from the top of the bezel and gently start working it untill you get to the bottom of the bezel. Next, take a screw driver and pop the lower 2 corners out (only spot with acctualy clips) and pull the bezel out. The top half cover of the steering wheel column will come off with it just so you know. You don't even have to unscrew the screws on the underside of the column cover but can if you want!

This is honestly all you need to do in order to get the bezel off, I started ripping apart the lower part of the dash and all kinds of things thinking the bezel was screwed on but trust me its not. Takes about 5 mins if that to get off and you see the 4 screws that hold the cluster in place
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

working ahead i see. unless you already got your white faces

seems easy enough though, that shouldnt be to bad

Comment

I sent you a pm.. and I went out early to get a head start incase it was going to be hell.. trust me its not.. I had the bezel, and cluster out and cluster tore apart basically waiting to replace the gauge face in under an hour!! And honestly you need 2 things a T15 (allen key, bit, etc..) and a 9/32 socket and you'll get it out in about 5 mins!
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

sweet sounds good, thanks for the specs of size tools will need, always a great advantage to know what you need

Comment

Cool. I was wondering if it were just those two screws that hold it in..
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Damn I guess I should have went with the white faces, @$@^@&@#$$
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
            X