Sports Shift conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Shift conversion

Hey everybody. I have a 2005 v6 but i dont have the gt package. the only thing i truly miss is the sport shift mode of the transmission. Forgetting about the different gear ratios of the Gt is it possible to convert my current transmission to the sport shift mode? would i only need a new vanity plate and transmission flash? thanks again.

INDIE

I don't know of anyone who's tried it.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

There are some more parts involved than just that, for one the display in the cluster. To be honest, just use the 1,2,3,D positions on your tranny it’s the same thing as the "Sports Shift" only not as fancy.
      2009 Panther Black G8 GT
      334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

does anyone else have any information on this? like parts involved or money needed? id really like to have the sports shift in my car.

Comment

You're going to have to do some searching on your own. No one here has swapped any GT trans parts.
          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrider
            There are some more parts involved than just that, for one the display in the cluster. To be honest, just use the 1,2,3,D positions on your tranny it’s the same thing as the "Sports Shift" only not as fancy.
            thats what i do and it works fine for me i just dont try it on the highway though
            Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ. Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

Comment

Dori, you have to change your sig pic. Every time I see it, I wish my car looked like that

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
              - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
              - DS S3 Intake
              - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
                Dori, you have to change your sig pic. Every time I see it, I wish my car looked like that
                Hey i like this pic, and toyz already made me resize so at least you didnt see it bigger or you really would of gotten sad lol i wish my car looked like that too, or since i have a sedan i wish it looked like this better

Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ. Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

Comment

Holy CRAP, I want that rear bumper and spoiler!!

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                  - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                  - DS S3 Intake
                  - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
                    Holy CRAP, I want that rear bumper and spoiler!!
                    yup me 2. the sedans would look sweet with that kit

Comment

I have the g6 v6 and the way that I do it is that if I;m just driving down the road I'll leave it in "D". If I want to race someone while driving on the highway I'll drop it in" 3". This forces the transmission to not upshift into 4th so you have more power. It also shifts a little bit quicker from a stop when you use 3 vs D.

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
                        I have the g6 v6 and the way that I do it is that if I;m just driving down the road I'll leave it in "D". If I want to race someone while driving on the highway I'll drop it in" 3". This forces the transmission to not upshift into 4th so you have more power. It also shifts a little bit quicker from a stop when you use 3 vs D.
                        Thats exacty how it works however it being quicker in Third is in your head.

Anyways lads backs on topic.
                        2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                        334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

not quite, If I'm cruising down the road and its in 4th and then I step on it. Its slower than if I put it in 3 and then gas on. I simply force it to change gears quicker. That way when I gas on theres no waiting for the gear change, thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by DoriG6
                            Originally posted by Blackrider
                            thats what i do and it works fine for me i just dont try it on the highway though
                            What are you guys doing? Starting in 3 then 1 then D? Is that good for starting off the line to be in 3rd, then shifting back down to 3rd when stopping as the engine will help in braking?
                            Granite 2007 G6 Sedan
                            -15% tint -Lower Grill Chrome -Aftermarket Rims -Partial Debadge -Duplicolor Red Calipers
                            Kawasaki ZX-11 Ninja

Comment

no, I dont have the gt model with the tapshift feature. Mine just has R,N,D,3,L.

It works like this

L is 1st and 2nd gear only
                              3 is gears 1-3 so it wont upshift into 4th
                              D is all 4 gears.

Since 4th is just a cruising gear for fuel mpg. by using 3 I prevent it from using 4thm hence I have more power since my car is already in the proper gear when I step on it. Rather than stepping on it and then waiting for the transmission to then downshift.

Comment

Working...
                              X