Back Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Seat

ok so i was cleaning out my car yesterday and decided to see how easy the back seat came out, as mentioned before to lift up and out

just two slim pins hold that thing in, while it lays on a bar

I took some pics of what it looks like under the seat and ill post them up here after while, be real easy to change out the seat or get the recovered with different material

Ok here are the pics

Side shot, that is the seat on the right

From front

The bar and clips slots

Comment

And to my amazement, you will find dirt under the seat in the front by the bar

i have no idea how it got there, as no one is ever in my backseat, but there was dirt, not alot but enough to make me post this

Comment

Did you notice any bolts back under there that would make a good grounding spot for an amplifier wire?
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

i believe on that bar that helps hold up the top of the seat had some in the corners that you could use for grounding

could be my imagination though, ill check it out here in a few and let you know

Comment

ok, yes there are bolts at the corners

the bar that go across the back doesnt have any that i could see, but on the bar that goes inward toward the seat as one on each side

Comment

JP do u have the monsoon system, because if not thats where I would suspect the amp to be since it doesnt seem to be mounted in the trunk.. unless someone finally found out where it was mounted?!
              Originally posted by Toyz
              Originally posted by simplyred
              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

could be different on the coupe too
                -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

yeh i have the monsoon, didnt see any signs of an amp though, might have to look a little harder though

dont think it is there, are we sure it has an amp? reading their specs online just says 200 watt system, nothing about an amp, i know the gtp grand prix did but i am not sure ours does, if so it is hidden well

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                    yeh i have the monsoon, didnt see any signs of an amp though, might have to look a little harder though

dont think it is there, are we sure it has an amp? reading their specs online just says 200 watt system, nothing about an amp, i know the gtp grand prix did but i am not sure ours does, if so it is hidden well
                    The monsoon amp is in the trunk on the passenger side nicely concealed under carpet. I would suspect the base model is probably powered by the deck itself if there isn't an amp in the trunk. Don't quote me on that, but it would just make sense rather than mounting amps in different locations depending on model.
                    -Kevin
                    2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
                    2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

see i heard that, but where? up near the seat? cause in the back it has that compartment so amp shouldnt be there

didnt clean trunk out though, so didnt really search around it

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                        see i heard that, but where? up near the seat? cause in the back it has that compartment so amp shouldnt be there

didnt clean trunk out though, so didnt really search around it
                        It's on the side panel right about where your gas tank opening is located. Just carefully pull back the carpeting and you'll see it.
                        -Kevin

Comment

ok sweet deal, thanks kevin

Comment

I unscrewed the two plastic fasteners that secure the cargo mesh in place, and then gently pulled the carpet back. You can see the red Monsoon logo on the front of the amp. I should think about a career as a hand model...Lol.
                            -Kevin

Comment

well my amp wont fit there, but that is a good spot, guess ill have to quit putting things around that area that could harm it

thanks for pic

Comment

Working...
                              X