Headliner Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headliner Removal

Has anyone ever removed and installed their headliner? Is it difficult to do or would you recommend having someone else do it? Are there any hidden clips that may break? Reason I ask is I had some minor hail damage a while back and the place I brought it to was going to charge $150 to remove and reinstall the headliner, I figure I can save that money if I can do it.

I should mention that it is a Sedan with no sunroof.
    Vector Tune - CRAB Cold Air Box - Cquence Ultima Cross Brake Rotors

I've dropped the back half of the headliner in my coupe. I don't think it would be that much different. It wasn't that hard, just take your time and don't try to force anything off.

Comment

Do you need to take the side pillars off first?

Comment

you shouldnt have to take them off. if you get the back and front loose you should be able to get it out from side pillars no problem

Comment

Try searching around...I couldn't find it(probably could have looked harder ) but I know I saw someone that replaced theirs with black fabric. Sure they could help

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

yeah it was B more girl, She put up a suede headliner
            VA All Day!! PWC

Comment

i know that to lower it i remove the a and b piller moldings the sun visor and uper counsoul from there there just teh 2 clips in the back which i belive you can see in teh back seat

there are no hidden clips just the 2 in the back

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
              Originally posted by snowmanG6
              you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I've taken mine out to fix the drainage tubes. It wasn't as difficult as I thought. I took everything out to make it easier on myself...sunvisors, front pillars, and the seatbelt pillars and coat hangers.
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Thanks! I think I will give it a try.

Comment

Do the pillar plastic trims just pop out?
                    Any precautions if it is equipped with curtain airbags? Should it be deactivated first?

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom
                      Do the pillar plastic trims just pop out?
                      Any precautions if it is equipped with curtain airbags? Should it be deactivated first?
                      the front pillars are held in with a bolt each behind the square cover ner the top
                      the seat belt pillar is held in with the seat belt

and the air bag you shouldnt have anything to worry about but you can disable it if it makes you feel better

easiest ways are to disconect the battery adn wait a minute or so or pull the air bag fuses 2 of them both in the bcm fuse block on the right side of the center consoule

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                      Originally posted by snowmanG6
                      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Haha I almost forgot I made this:

I didn't take it entirely out, but you get the idea.
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Working...
                        X