Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

<----Another HID conversion complete! (PICS!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <----Another HID conversion complete! (PICS!)

I got them today in the mail, and installed them tonight. What a simple install, it only took me about an hour. I got the same kind LoJac has, the WideViews, but I got the 8000K.

These things light up the road nicely with a bluish/whitish hue, but more white than blue. I just need to adjust the headlights a bit because they're aiming downward too much. I'll try to get some pics a little later.

EDIT: Took some pics, and adjusted the headlights slightly upward.

Best pic I could get of them from the front. For some reason they look really really blue in this pic, but in person they're more white with a slight blue hue.

For comparison, here's a pic of the Nokyas shining off my garage. I found this pic in an old folder.

-Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Re: &lt;----Another HID conversion complete!

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
    I got them today in the mail, and installed them tonight. What a simple install, it only took me about an hour. I got the same kind LoJac has, the WideViews, but I got the 8000K.

These things light up the road nicely with a bluish/purplish/whitish hue. It's hard to explain, not pure white or a little blue tint, but all three combined. I just need to adjust the headlights a bit because they're aiming downward too much. I'll try to get some pics a little later.
    Is this a hid kit? how much was it? where u goto it

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

Yea it's an HID conversion kit.

-Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

would you say the 8000k's hue is pretty close to the Nokya arctic white hue?

O yeah, did they come wit installation instructs?
        '06 GTP 6 Speed...red, red calipers, 20% tint all around, GT-R Exhaust

~AX

Comment

no they're a bit deeper than the Nokyas....you can actually notice the color more...with the Nokyas, the light shining in front of you looks white, but these you can tell it's colored. And yes, they came with instructions.
          -Mike #1

Comment

easy install?

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

Originally posted by redsun_ty
              easy install?
              yep. If you can change headlight bulbs, you can install these HIDs. The only part i was worried about was mounting the ballasts, but there are two beams bright under each headlight that fit them perfectly.
              -Mike #1

Comment

Added some pics above.
                -Mike #1

Comment

Lookin good!

<-- jealous
                  2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                  :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                  :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                  :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

I thought about getting these, but held off I have some school bills to take care of. They look nice and look like the project well. Id like to see a picture of them on the road if possible.. Thanks
                    06' G6 GT SEDAN,LIQUID SILVER,35%TINT, HARDWIRE RADAR,REMOTE START,PAN. SUNROOF,NOKYA HEADLIGHT AND FOG BULBS,BLUE REVERSE LIGHTS,HID ON THERE WAY,SPOILER TO BE INSTALLED

Comment

If I remember I'll bring my camera with me when I go out tomorrow night and try to get some pics for ya.
                      -Mike #1

Comment

Is it too blue or just right? Blaine was saying the 6000 is too white, not enough blue so I'm wondering how these look in person. Camera's really don't do HID justice, they always exagerate the colors compared to how the human eye would see them.
                        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

yea. They don't look anything at all like those pics. They're a bit whiter.
                          -Mike #1

Comment

i was waiting for pics. Looks like I be ordering them real soon. Now did you have to disconnect the DRL's?
                            2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

Comment

looks good man, sucks that our group buy on these fell thru, but gonna have to order some of those in next couple months

Comment

Working...
                              X