Speed CAI Stage 3 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed CAI Stage 3 questions

I installed a CAI Stage 3 about a week ago. Let me first say that I am impressed but there are some questions. After driving my car a little while I'll pop my hood and the intake tube is pretty warm to the touch. Is this normal? I really didn't expect it to be that warm considering it has been about 25-40 degree where I am.

Next about stabilizing the intake tube. I know leaving it alone would be okay but i didn't like the amount of flex in the tube. I found a 3" quick release coupler at Advance Auto Parts and replaced one of the hose clamps near the mass air sensor. I replaced the screw that was in the new clamp with a 3" 10-32 screw and bored the air box mount out with a 1/4 inch dirll. Positioned the clamp so the screw would go into the drilled hole and put a washer and wing nut on to hold it in place. I also put a nut on the clamp side to adjust the height of the MAS. My problem is that the part of the stock tube is ribbed is not in perfect alignment. Will this pose a problem? Supporting this also prevents the air filter from hitting the fog light. There is at least 2 fingers from the filter to the fog light and the filter doesn't even budge.

Not a very good pic. sorry

Last item...for now. I saw in other threads that some people were having issues with lines hitting the pully and belt system when they took the stock air box out. I don't have that problem but wanted to take care of the problem before it is one. I bought this kit from Auto Zone and installed it to try to support the line that I think is the problem. Is this the right line?

2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

Dude! I've looking for something like that for my intake for the longest time. I was looking at the clamp that holds the curved pipe, and I was thinking, "Man this clamp is lined up perfectly with this hole, if I could find something that would bolt up to it I'd be perfect!". I gotta look for that thing. Does it clamp down tight enough?

As for the bracket, I haven't noticed any lines touching any belts. I'll take a better look tomorrow just in case.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

That pipe isn't going anywhere now. With that red sleeve on there it fits perfect.
      2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

Comment

I just used a boot band to pull it away from the pullys a little.
        2009 Panther Black G8 GT
        334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Working...
        X