Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebay Intake (CORNER MOUNT UPDATE - PAGE 1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Intake (CORNER MOUNT UPDATE - PAGE 1)

I got my intake from ebay (Injen copy) the other day and installed in on the weekend.
    I got the same one that a few others (hello, khoffman etc) have as well.
    With this kit, you can convert it between short ram and full CAI at any time, as it comes with both pieces.
    I have chosen to start with the short ram for now, as i like the look of it and the ease of install/cleaning.

Here is a pic of it installed.

I chose the ebay intake because it was a great price and it comes with the stage 4 part as well.
    The only issues with this one are due to the sellers lack of care...
    It doesnt come with instructions (but they will email you a brutal text doc with terrible instuctions if you ask them to) so there are parts that are left to you to figure out.
    It also only comes with 4 clamp rings and yet the intake requires 6.
    I used one from the factory tubing but will have to purchase one more.

Here are some pics of a few of the (not so obvious) parts installed.

Long black rubber tube which needs to be cut to size.

UPDATE:
    I had originally posted to use the long flat alluminum piece here to secure the right corner, but it broke shortly after, so i wouldnt suggest it.

This picture shows a much better way to secure this corner and reduce much (if any) movement.
    Use a ziptie to hold corner up, and the supplied L Bracket as well.

Black rubber piece with a bolt sticking out of each end, is used to secure the ac line to the mount just below it. (nut not included in kit)

Over all i am happy with it, but the seller could be much better.
    I left them a neurtal comment on ebay, as their communication is kind of slow,
    they dont include their horrible instruction sheet with the kit,
    and they dont include all necessary parts.

If anyone is interested in getting this kit or has any questions about it, i would be glad to assist.

Thanks to Khoffman and Hello for their help with this one... I appreciate it.

R.I.P. 2005 - 2010

Had:
    15% tint, Recessed upper grilles, Tinted tails & Black emblem overlays, Custom Spoiler,
    Black painted calipers w/decals, debadged, Stebro Stainless Steel Exhaust System,
    Painted engine cover and Hood Liner, 18" Solstice rims & tires, ZZP Strut bar,
    Black leather seats, R1 cross drilled and slotted rotors, AIT front bumper!

hmmm, is there really a reason to mount the intake in that front corner? the docs doesnt mount there at all and it doesnt move, it is held right by the engine

it looks nice, but like you said they could make it even better with just a few mods

Comment

Thats the stress point where the injen breaks.
      nice pix. Good Job.

Is this a how to on the eBay intake or more of a post your ride?
      Seller again?
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Thanks for posting this. I bought the exact same intake and just haven't had the time to get it installed. I was kind of surprised too that there weren't any directions included. But for the price I'm not complaining too much. Now I just need to get that damn thing installed!

Comment

No problem with the help, hope your happy with it. Thanks for telling me where that screw went even though I probably won't use it. It is definitely a mod I would recommend anyone to do.

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
          Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
          Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
          -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

Originally posted by Hello
            No problem with the help, hope your happy with it. Thanks for telling me where that screw went even though I probably won't use it. It is definitely a mod I would recommend anyone to do.
            i bought the other ebay intake kit and they only had a hole cut out of the rubber but no actual place for the plug to be hooked into i had to maodify that but after a couple days i got CEL and TC turned on and off. please PM me if you experience this with yours. im just curious.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
            TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
            Show
            -20% tint
            -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
            -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
              Is this a how to on the eBay intake or more of a post your ride?
              Seller again?
              It was intended to be somewhat of a how-to, just to help people with what the seller doesnt.
              The seller is badtz.boyz
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06-PO ... enameZWDVW

R.I.P. 2005 - 2010

Had:
              15% tint, Recessed upper grilles, Tinted tails & Black emblem overlays, Custom Spoiler,
              Black painted calipers w/decals, debadged, Stebro Stainless Steel Exhaust System,

Comment

You might edit your 1st post to reflect it's an Injen copy or clone. Ebay sells other intakes different than the one you posted.
                G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                  You might edit your 1st post to reflect it's an Injen copy or clone. Ebay sells other intakes different than the one you posted.
                  Done... thanks for the suggestion!

R.I.P. 2005 - 2010

Had:

Comment

why woudnt it fit the 3.9L?

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                    Show
                    -20% tint
                    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

too long, the 3.5 is about 2-3 inches longer .

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
                      Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
                      Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
                      -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

Glad it all worked out for you. Looks good!

Comment

Re: Ebay Intake (Injen clone style)

I have the same intake for my GTP, except mine goes down into the wheel well. The 90 degree flex pipe I was sent was too short, so the whole thing looked like it was at an angle. If it was about a quarter inch longer, it would fit just fine. Threw the stock tubing back on, but kept the actual intake. Been happy with the buy sense I made the change.
                          2006 FOM GTP 6MT
                          Current Mods:Racingline Strut Bar/Motor Mounts, Injen Clone CAI,KYB Struts,
                          10" Solobaric L7, 2200 watt Power Akoustic Amp, 5 farad Cap, 3000k HID Fogs, r1 Premium Rotors/Ceramic pads,Redline Tunning QUICKLIFTS, 'HDGDS' Lip,All debaged except GTP, all black arrowhead overlays, eyebrow overlays.

Comment

I just got my short intake, just like in your how to pix, from the same guy on ebay, badboyz??. The problem I am having is that it appears there needs to be a hose on both sides of the MAS, as in your pic. I only rcvd one, plus I did get the 90% one. So, until I track down another 3 inch hose section, I will use the stock pipe. I was able to force the KN on the reducer to the MAS. Sounds pretty good under WOT.

The 2 brackets are a fucking mystery, though. Good idea you had to bend it, that's what I'll do when I am able to get it all together. Great how-to, by the way, thanks.

So yah, this guy could've done done a better job, but it should work out OK.

Later,
                            ominousone

Comment

I have the same intake, i did mine a little different. I took the factory grommet out of the airbox and used it for a spacer on the air conditioning line. used the rubber screw/bolt to hold it up in the corner by the MAS.

Comment

Working...
                              X