This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake pads - Any shops recommended?

Anyone have a recommended a shop to get my pads replaced? Dealer quoted 199.95 + tax for Delco ceramic pads.
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Do you have access to the tools you need to do it yourself? It's not that hard to change the pads.

Comment

Re: Brake pads - Any shops recommended?

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
      Anyone have a recommended a shop to get my pads replaced? Dealer quoted 199.95 + tax for Delco ceramic pads.
      Ever consider doing it yourself? It's very easy.

http://www.sharpshooterv1.com/index.php?act=idx

Comment

No, all I have is a ratchet kit. I don't have a garage. I don't have a home.
        <-- Gray G6? Click!
        2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

Midas guarantees for life... although Tom snickers at the mention of Midas lol
          2007 G6 GTP Coupe 3.6 L VVT
          - 6 Speed Automatic
          - Premium Leather Package

Coming soon:
          - Chrome lower grill inserts
          - Spoiler

Comment

I guess probably what I'll do is buy the pads then get someone to install them.
            <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

Originally posted by bull09
              Midas guarantees for life... although Tom snickers at the mention of Midas lol
              Midas guarantees the $40 pads for life. They'll still charge $200 in labour every time you bring the car in.

Midas is a rip off.

Calvin you have a couple of options: Take it to an expensive shop and get expensive parts and labour. Find a cheap garage (no-name). Find the parts wherever you can, and bring them and your car to me and I'll do it for the price of a pizza.

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Thanks for offering, I'll keep that in mind.

Turns out that the guy was just trying to get some business on the phone. Over the phone, he was like, "yeah, your pads are going, and by the look you need new rotors too..." But when I got there to get my car back, I asked him if my brakes were metal to metal. His tone totally changed, and it's like, "no there's 40% of the pads left, and the other guys who did your brakes... blah blah blah". I didn't get them to do my semi-annual, I went to another dealership in Waterloo, so probably that's why.

Stealerships... what a-holes...

But there IS one cool thing about that dealership... They give out G6 GTPs as rentals if you need to leave the car overnight.
                <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

But there IS one cool thing about that dealership... They give out G6 GTPs as rentals if you need to leave the car overnight.
                  Which dealership!?!?
                  2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe
                  Black | Sunroof | Leather | Debadged | Garmin Nuvi 680
                  Front Tint - 30% Llumar ATR | Rear Tint - 15% Llumar ATR | Windshield Tint Strip - 15% Llumar ATR

Comment

Originally posted by rawkey
                    Which dealership!?!?
                    Foster Pontiac... where I bought my car.
                    <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

Working...
                    X