Mirror Window Tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror Window Tint

Anyone have any thoughts on the Mirrored window tint?
    06 G6 GTP Black, Panoramic Sunroof, 3 Spoke Steering wheel, 6 Disc CD Player, Ebony Leather Seats, RED LED Interior Lights. 3rd brake light by http://www.grafxwerks.com, Running Mobil1

i thought about getting this done, but went with the black, one cause other is illegal here, and that could be to much chrome

what color is your car?

Comment

I never liked the mirror tint, stick with reg. black tint
      06' G6 GT SEDAN,LIQUID SILVER,35%TINT, HARDWIRE RADAR,REMOTE START,PAN. SUNROOF,NOKYA HEADLIGHT AND FOG BULBS,BLUE REVERSE LIGHTS,HID ON THERE WAY,SPOILER TO BE INSTALLED

Comment

i agree. black tint looks hot on a black car esp.
        -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
        Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Mirror tint I think it kinda cheesy.. especially that half mirror fader tint... stick with black it looks alot cleaner!!
          Originally posted by Toyz
          Originally posted by simplyred
          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

stick with black, but while we are on the subject of tint. when I was getting my speakers installed yesterday, the guy at the place told me I would have to go with 20% on the back, 35% on the other back windows, and 50% in the front for it to be legal. That sucks cause I know someone can still walk up and look right in my car.
            "DUB G6" 20" Diablo Fatboy Rims, DUB badge on the trunk, DUB 20" badges on both fenders, Pioneer Premier DEH-P680MP Cd/MP3 player, Scosche GMLan Kit, Two Rockford Fosgate 12's, Rockfard Fosgate Amp. Tint 20% Rear/40% Front.

Next: Aftermarket headlights, Remove Pinstripes, DVD player In The Glove Compartment & Two Tv's In The Headrest With Wireless Headphones. There Is No G6 Cleaner Than Mine.

Comment

you should be able to do whatever you want with your windows... unless he was just telling you what was legal... just go 20% or something all the way around and hopefully you wont get a ticket...
              Originally posted by Toyz
              Originally posted by simplyred
              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

did you just say hopefully, lol, I can't afford another ticket. but yeah I am sure I can go with 20% all around or maybe all the back windows and 35% up front. I just would hate for the cops to make me remove it right then and there if he/she feels it's too dark. I guess if I get stopped I will blind them with my shiny wheels lol.
                "DUB G6" 20" Diablo Fatboy Rims, DUB badge on the trunk, DUB 20" badges on both fenders, Pioneer Premier DEH-P680MP Cd/MP3 player, Scosche GMLan Kit, Two Rockford Fosgate 12's, Rockfard Fosgate Amp. Tint 20% Rear/40% Front.

Next: Aftermarket headlights, Remove Pinstripes, DVD player In The Glove Compartment & Two Tv's In The Headrest With Wireless Headphones. There Is No G6 Cleaner Than Mine.

Comment

i got 20 on all the back, and 35 up front, cant tell much difference unless right beside car at perfect straight shot

Comment

depends on the car..
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I agree. I'd go black on mine but some colors/cars I think the mirrored ish looks good.
                      2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                      :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                      :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                      :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

I'd go black as well.

As for the tint being to dark:

I have 20% all around, and I had it on my Grand Am for 5 years. I only got pulled over once for it, and even then I think he was looking for a red Grand Am with tint. He warned me that I need to take it off, I told him that I would not, and then he sent me on my way without a ticket.

The fine in Ontario is $110, and I'd rather just pay that then remove the tint (which can damage your rear defroster).

sigpic
                        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I'll post some pics of my whip this weekend. I got mirrored tint, and honestly it looks really good. I thought it would look terrible, but my buddy that works at the tinting shop recommeneded it, did one window to see if I liked it, and it really looks good on my dark grey gtp.....
                          -------------------------------------------------------
                          Jab
                          -------------------------------------------------------
                          2006 Stealth Gray Metallic GTP Sedan::: 35% metallic tint all around, Dr Speed cold air box, rain guards, and more soon to come

Comment

def. post some pics. I just got my windows tinted last weekend with 35% on all windows. NJ you can't have front driver or passanger windows done, but hopefully since its light enough I won't be hassled. I had 20% an my Grand Am for 3 years and got 5 tickets, and on my Galant I had 20% and got 5 tickets in 3 monts and pulled it off the front and did 35% on the front and got only 1 ticket in 15 months, and I was stopped for DWI first.

Thats a hefty fine for tint, its now up to $48 here in Jersey. Ill post some pics of my car as soon as I get it back from the body shop.
                            06' G6 GT SEDAN,LIQUID SILVER,35%TINT, HARDWIRE RADAR,REMOTE START,PAN. SUNROOF,NOKYA HEADLIGHT AND FOG BULBS,BLUE REVERSE LIGHTS,HID ON THERE WAY,SPOILER TO BE INSTALLED

Comment

I have a black sedan. The reason I was thinking about the mirrored tint is because there is a chrome piece that goes around the tops of the doors right beside the window. Thought it would blend in good. Hmmm descisions ....
                              06 G6 GTP Black, Panoramic Sunroof, 3 Spoke Steering wheel, 6 Disc CD Player, Ebony Leather Seats, RED LED Interior Lights. 3rd brake light by http://www.grafxwerks.com, Running Mobil1

Comment

Working...
                              X