Sunroof wind deflector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof wind deflector

I have a 2005 G6 with the panoramic sunroof. The wind noise over the sunroof when it is closed can be loud sometimes, especially in colder weather. Does anyone know where I can find a sunroof wind deflector that will fit the car? It has to be able to fit between the Onstar antenae and the sunroof.

Re: Sunroof wind deflector

Originally posted by mtkaiser
    I have a 2005 G6 with the panoramic sunroof. The wind noise over the sunroof when it is closed can be loud sometimes, especially in colder weather. Does anyone know where I can find a sunroof wind deflector that will fit the car? It has to be able to fit between the Onstar antenae and the sunroof.
    i dont know of any. having the sunshade closed helps. and if you crank up the music!

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
    Show
    -20% tint
    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

GM probly makes one that is pretty easy to install

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

May work on the panoramic...?
        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
          As long as it's mounted far enough forward that it doesn't block the vent pane, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
          - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
          - DS S3 Intake
          - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

measure how wide the pano is and find something close.

Comment

It should be noted that this deflector is only designed for use on the 2005 standard sunroof. It will cause leaks if used with any of the other sunroofs. I know this from experience.

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

You didnt superglue it Tom.....

on a serious note.....it could be 3m'ed to the top sans the mounting
                gear. no really......it could.

MODS:

Comment

You didnt superglue it Tom.....

on a serious note.....it could be 3m'ed to the top sans the mounting
                  gear. no really......it could.
                  I was told that there are two reasons that it caused the leak:

-It put pressure on the seal, which made a slight leak which the drain tubes could deal with in most cases.
                  -Water gathered inside it due to the shape of the G6 roof, which caused more water to go through the drain tubes than they could handle.

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Its really not intrusive....hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

MODS:

Comment

Oh ya, then there's the ugly scratches it leaves on the paint when you decide you don't want it on the car anymore.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X