Mufflerman cat back exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mufflerman cat back exhaust

I guess this is more a review of the work I had performed by a shop then of the actual Magnaflow exhaust. I went to Mufflerman located on 3311 delaware ave, Kenmore NY and had them install a catback exhaust on my 2006 G6 V6.

Since Magnaflow doesn't make a G6 specific catback exhaust kit I decided to have them fabricate one from scratch for me. They used a magnaflow muffler from a generic kit and then I had them custom bend pipe to fit. all in all it took about 1.5 hrs from start to finish. The muffler and exhaust tip are polished, and I was able to select the exhaust tip I wanted out of many. So I picked one that looks like the factory chrome but slightly bigger. I have to say that they did an excellent job with the fabrication as it has been 3 months now since I have had it done and it looks good as new with no leaks or cracked welds.

Since having it done my mileage has increased from 20 mpg city to 22 mpg. I have also noticed an improvement in throttle response. As for the exhaust note, when cruising around town or highway you barely hear it but at WOT it howls. It sounds a lot like my buddys 350z at WOT only not as harsh though.

Total cost was $541.24 including tax. I would definitely recomend them as they did a great job.

I forgot to take pictures as they were doing the work however I do have some general pictures showing my G6 V6 with the new exhaust at my
    myspace. If you want to see pictures of my G6 with new exhaust I have them at http://www.myspace.com/brettandhispontiac

Nice! Glad it came out well.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Mufflerman cat back

Going to the site you indicated in your thread does NOT yield any info on your muffler system--pictures or otherwise What gives? Also the cost you quoted seems a bit on the high side.
      Nevertheless, I am glad that you like it. That's what counts.
      GTPdriver
      G. Stephen Day

Comment

it should link you directly to my myspace account and once there just click on pictures. I havent yet figured out how to put pictures directly on here yet. Sorry.

Also it was a custom fabrication and installation. the only two parts that were premanufactured was the magnaflow muffler and the exhaust tip, everthing else was custom mandrel bent exhaust pipe etc.

Comment

You can link to some pictures using photobucket or something, the myspace thing you have to be a member of and I am not. Glad you like it though, sounds great.

Be sure to post some exhaust clips sometime in the clip thread, and take more pics when you get a chance.

Comment

photobucket? hmmm.
            I'll have to look into that when I get some free time. thx

Comment

ok, I went to photobucket and put my pics of my g6 up there. I don't have any pics from under the car yet but I do have some showing the outside of the car. You can at least see the new exhaust tip.
              This should link you directly to it

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/newbiestyle/

let me know if this works and your able to view them.
              thx

Comment

Yup that works just fine, everything looks good. Now just get more pics of the exhaust

Comment

next time I get her up on a lift I get some better pics of the exhaust system. I don't really have anything to record video with except for my cell phone, maybe I'll give it a try. I need to buy a good digital camcorder.
                  #34 on my wish list of stuff to buy.

Comment

sounds awesome, can't wait for the pics and vids!!
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Fyi, I am now using cardomain.com instead of myspace and photobucket. Thought I would mention it in case anybody tried to go see my car.

the new link is:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2909160

Let me know if it works ok.

Comment

Working...
                      X