I need some idea's on some mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some idea's on some mods

First off i am new to this site. I have a 06 Electric Blue GT sedan. I am on a budget, big time. And I wanted to know if there are some cheap mods to do, and what would look good. I am thinking about ordering some overlays from grafxwerks.com. But i don't know what colors would look good on the Front and back Arrow heads. I am doin reflective blue on the wheels. And I don't know what color would look good on the 3rd brake light. They have a Electic blue metallic for the 3rd light but i don't know if it would match. Any suggestions? Also i am goin to take off the PontiacG6 off the trunk. How do i do that? Heat gun?
    2006 Electric Blue G6 GT sedan
    f-16 Crew Chief 85-1505

There are alot of mods that are DIY and pretty cheap for the most part... The only thing I can say is just to read along the site and you'll find pretty much all the info you asked about and more... Theres so much info on this site its hard to find but its around... As far as the overlays matching, you'll have to email the site and see if he knows if the colors will match good enough!!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

for the debadging you can use fishing line and just yank em off like that. Mine came off by hand for the most part. Mods, painting damn near everything that is black. The Hood shock things so you dont have to use the rod. Spinner hubcaps. lol jk. Windo tint helps alot. Lower the ride exhaust. cut out the resonater for the intake. Paint the headlights. spoiler if you don't already have one. got rice sticker. Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. Most of this stuff is free or under50 bucks. The exhaust and springs will be more.
      Originally posted by Nikki
      You are an e-pimp.
      Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
      I tried too, my penis way too big
      07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
      My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
      The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

yea DON'T use a heat gun, you'll destroy the paint. Use a hairdryer if you need to warm it up.
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Actually you can use a heat gun just need to beVERY careful, use low setting. but the fishing line works well if any sticky stuff left just use like tar remover, or pre-kleno if you have some. as for other mods just do a search plenty info here. any by the way welcome aboard
          06' G6 GT SEDAN,LIQUID SILVER,35%TINT, HARDWIRE RADAR,REMOTE START,PAN. SUNROOF,NOKYA HEADLIGHT AND FOG BULBS,BLUE REVERSE LIGHTS,HID ON THERE WAY,SPOILER TO BE INSTALLED

Comment

I used a plastic putty knife from autozone to remove the badges. Then cleaned up with goo off.
            2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

Comment

i used fishing line and bug & tar remover (i think)
              -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
              Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

yea it seems most G6s have weak tape holding on the badges anyway, given all the stories I've heard of them falling right off, so you probably don't need to heat them at all. Just pull them off and use goo-gone to get rid of the residue.
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

i just used a hairdryer and fishing line, and then i didnt need anything to get adhesive off, as it will peel right off without a problem

Comment

i used a hairdryer also, but it did leave most of the adhesive on mine...i guess either you just got lucky or mine were stuck on there better
                    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

I walked outside on a cold day with a plastic razor and took one swipe and they call came off in a bunch.. haha then goo gone to get ride of the left over and that was that!
                      Originally posted by Toyz
                      Originally posted by simplyred
                      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

i dont know i coudlnt move mine or anything, just kept heat on it while i took it off and the adhesive just pulled right off with no problem after i got the badges off

Comment

Thanks for the Suggestions. I have ordered Black refective over lays for the arrowheads, Black overlay for the brake light, and relfective blue for the wheels.. I was already head of you guys on the window tint. 15% all the way around. It's nice here cause cops don't mess with you for window tint. Only in little podunk towns where they have nothing better to do. With the blue paint the windows tinted down it looks bad ass. BTW the hair dryer is all the heat you need to get the stuff off the back. And fishin line worked great. Thanks for the help
                          2006 Electric Blue G6 GT sedan
                          f-16 Crew Chief 85-1505

Comment

Anytime. Keep us all posted on your future mods.
                            Originally posted by Nikki
                            You are an e-pimp.
                            Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                            I tried too, my penis way too big
                            07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                            My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                            The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

on my pin striping i used a heat gun on low and my fingernails then i cut my nails
                              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Working...
                              X