ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU

I was looking on car-part.com and it seems as if all the the ECUs for the G6 and other GM cars share the same part number (12605843). Does this mean any of them can be used to do a tune since it gets reflashed anyway?

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Some years have two connectors and some have three....

BEWARE!!

I bought a spare to flash but I got one from the same year and model ....

I just gotta get off my butt and send it in to get flashed.
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon

BEWARE!!

What is "flashed"? I honestly don't know what it is.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
      TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
      Show
      -20% tint
      -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
      -Professionally heated seats

Comment

The part numbers are the same because the unit itself is exactly the same. I'm pretty sure they come blank so when the dealer gets the new ECU they can write the ECU with the program for the particular vehicle. This also means that if you want to buy a spare ECU to send away to vector or western you can use any ECU out of any vehicle with that style ECU.
        2009 Panther Black G8 GT
        334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrider
          The part numbers are the same because the unit itself is exactly the same. I'm pretty sure they come blank so when the dealer gets the new ECU they can write the ECU with the program for the particular vehicle. This also means that if you want to buy a spare ECU to send away to vector or western you can use any ECU out of any vehicle with that style ECU.
          Originally posted by leong6gtp
          Originally posted by Lampoon

BEWARE!!

What is "flashed"? I honestly don't know what it is.
          Flashed means reprogrammed.
          2009 Panther Black G8 GT
          334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Working...
          X