Rain Spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain Spots

When I was washing my car today I noticed that I have dried rain spots all over my windows. I tried windex but they wont come off. Is there anything I can do to get them off or am I out of luck? Thanks guys!
    Blue Man Group

Moved to proper forum.

Try some vinegar on a towel and see if that will get them off, it not you will have to polish them out. Make sure the window is cool too.

Comment

What kind of polish would you recommend?
      Blue Man Group

Comment

Duragloss NG, Sonus glass and chrome, Autoglym glass polish, or even OTC paint polishes like Megs 80/83 and scratch X will take it off. NXT cleaner will actually take off some as well if they aren't too severe.

I'd try the vinegar first, or even a mixture of water and rubbing alcohol.

Comment

Thanks for the tips! I was really pissed I was applying RainX when I noticed them. RainX seems to be alcohol based from the smell of it. Did seem to take a little bit off.
          Blue Man Group

Comment

If vinegar doesn't take em off, then go to a polish. Rain-x isn't really going to do anything.

Comment

I had some really bad water spots on my windows that I just cleaned off today. I park next to a sprinkler with hard water not thinking about it. After a while I noticed the water spots, windex didn't clean take them off. I also tried vinager and that didn't help either. I tried using some mothers mag wheel polish and with a little bit of rubbing it took them right off. I also had the spots on my paint, using turtle wax's ice liquid clay bar removed them pretty quick, then a nice coat (or 3) of the ice wax brought out a nice shine.
              Vector Tune - CRAB Cold Air Box - Cquence Ultima Cross Brake Rotors

Comment

Thanks
                Blue Man Group

Comment

Working...
                X