The most annoying rattling (coupes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most annoying rattling (coupes)

I've read about rattling from the dome light; rattling from the rear deck; rattling from inside the dash...but have any of you heard the door locks rattling? On my coupe, the door locks are right near my head, and I can hear them rattle with every little bump I hit. Not sure if there's even anything that can be done about it since the locks are a bit loose. If you touch them you can move them around their 'housing' and that's why they rattle. Ugh it's so annoying!
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Mine are actually quite stiff, you can't move them around very easy at all. I do wish they used a different type of system though.

Comment

i haven't heard any rattling anywhere in mine, except when i have the bass turned up high
      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

I have a rattle coming from underneath my dash. Of course, I did drop a screw in there at one point. I'm going to fish it out later this week.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

So your locks are all pretty much stable? The part that goes up and down doesn't rattle or move around a little bit inside its housing on the door?
          -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Yeah mine barely move at all, to get them to move at all I have to pretty much force them. They have very little play side to side and are very stiff. Probably the most solid thing build on the car

I do however have an annoying wind noise comming from the drivers side mirror.

Comment

Yeah I have a G6 and my locks are all loose as well. So I do get that annoying rattling. I need to get it fixed soon.
              Joe
              New to the Pontiac World
              2005 Black Pontiac G6 GT
              (Automatic, Panaromic Roof, Tinted)
              (Yokohama Tires, Powerslot Rotors, Akebono Pads)

Comment

So this is something that can be tightened maybe? I'll have to take the door panels off to see what's up. Also a good excuse to see what I want to replace my speakers with :warped:
                -Mike #1

Comment

I have the same issue. Does your doors make a weird popping noise when going over bumps and doesn't if you gently crack the window? Fuggin' seal aroudn teh top of the window pops like a mofo.. same with my door locks. WOnder if it's an early run probelm as I knwo your's is a fiarly old GTP and so is mine.
                  Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                  2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                  w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Mine was built in June I believe. I don't notice anything when I go over bumps, just the locks rattling. Does anyone know if you can pop out the lock housing from the door?
                    -Mike #1

Comment

Are either one of you able to take a pics of what the door locks look like. Mine was build in January and I don't know how they would rattle, and I'm curious to see how they are making the noise.

Comment

How so I find out when mine was built? I wanna know if it is old or new!
                        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

the date should be on the inside of the driver's door. There should be a white sticker there with info like VIN, date, tire pressure, etc.
                          -Mike #1

Comment

Yeah you'll find it on the drivers door.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                              Are either one of you able to take a pics of what the door locks look like. Mine was build in January and I don't know how they would rattle, and I'm curious to see how they are making the noise.
                              Here is a rudimentary overhead image of how my lock rattles. The red circle indicates the lock, the part that goes up and down when the doors unlock and lock. It rattles around inside it's "housing", and it's very annoying, it can be heard over music.

-Mike #1

Comment

Working...
                              X