So.... out of boredom.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So.... out of boredom.

I'm currently painting my headlights.... Had them red and in but I didn't like them, so now I'm going to black.....

In the meantime, whilst priming again, I got a little bored. I had two arrowheads from a G5 kicking around (no prongs), so I decided to take a cue from the Solstice and dropped them on the door just north of where the GM badge of excellence would of been.....

Cam phone pic.... this is just tacked there in this pic, so it is straightened up now.. Looks alright.

Might try and find badges from a Wave as they're a wee bit smaller.. might look just that much better.
    The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Black eyes you say??

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Nice. I'd prefer that over the GM badge. To me though the red on red looks a bit weird, but in person I bet it looks great.
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

That actually looks pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
          Nice. I'd prefer that over the GM badge. To me though the red on red looks a bit weird, but in person I bet it looks great.
          When I can I'm planning to get the black inlays for all four arrowheads actually....

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Interesting look - Id love to see it with the smaller darts - keep posting pics

Comment

Even when I saw it on my buddy's Cobalt, I thought the GM symbol looked out of place. The arrowhead looks sharp, I may have to do that.
              Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that shit.

Comment

Yeah getting rid of the GM badge was actually the first modification to my car that I did, right after removing the dealer plate border.

If I can get black inlays I'm going to add them to the mix eventually... Been thinking on doing that for a while anyway, but now with the arrowheads on the sides too, i think it is a must. It'll blend nicely with the black (tints, wheels, lights, etc.) and the chrome (handles, window trim, lower grilles).

Comment

You took off the GM badge and replaced it with a bigger one?

Just kididn man it looks pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                    You took off the GM badge and replaced it with a bigger one?

Just kididn man it looks pretty good.
                    Took off the GM badge about a year ago.

Going to see how this turns out.

Car is out of commission while I'm doing the lights, so I figured I'd do this now and be able hold them in place while they adhered with painters tape.

Comment

I think that it looks kinda hot! Be creative!
                      Dont BOV or your going to cause a boost spike and leak blinker fluid causing you to lock up your muffler bearings.
                      Eric # whatever
                      newbiestyle:
                      holy shiatfcuk its heebs!!

Comment

I think black on the red will look awesome, can't wait to see finished pics!!!
                        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I think that looks Awesome!
                          Something funny...
                          I spent about 2 hours trying to compare the g5 "arowhead" symbol with the G6 with just pictures and i clicked on this thread and !!!!
                          :warped:

I wasnt thinking of what you had done im planing on getting a aftermarket badge that fits the "G5" Front/trunk
                          And i have a 6

So is it possible to see if they look similar in size?

And i think black would be the shiznat.
                          My Progress thread
                          http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...282#post429282

Comment

The side arrowheads are a little oversized. You should try to hunt down 2 REAR arrowheads from the Solstice. They are relatively small.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                            - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                            - DS S3 Intake
                            - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

I've got two smaller ones... got two of them from a rear g6. Got them after i did these, haven't had a chance to swap 'em... Winter boredom job

Comment

Working...
                              X