Wheel weights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel weights

I was wondering how many wheel weights would be considered abnormal on a wheel. I just noticed that I have quite a bunch of them on one of my wheels. There is at least six in one spot. I'll go and properly count them later.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

It's more about the weight of them.. but that does seem like a bit much!!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Yeah. I'm not sure if that's just the way they have to do it with these rims. I think all the weights are the same, so maybe they are limited on the sizes they can put on. They are mounted inside the rim.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I had a bout 8 in a row on one of my previous sets of wheels. Nothing to worry about.
        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Yea I love these so much better than the clamp-on style. At least they're somewhat hidden.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

^^so true, clamp ons look so cheesy not a days
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Yea, and it's just the fact that wheels are being designed 'cooler-looking' today, that they require these kinds of weights. Clamps-ons will not work.
              -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

You have one possible option, and there's no garrantee that it will get rid of so many weights. But you can dismount the tire (break the seal) and clock the tire to a different location on the rim. If the tire is off wack, this can sometimes reduce the number of weights. It may take several re-clockings and spinning on the balance machine to see a difference.

Comment

Yeah but if they are on the inside, who cares.

Comment

I think it's funny that they're held on with double-sided tape right?
                    -Mike #1

Comment

Would you prefer that they be welded on?

There isn't really any other way to mount them there.

sigpic

Comment

i was cleaning the inner part of the rim as usual and noticed a couple of my weights are loose...should i just keep an eye on them and do something about it if they fall off?
                        -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                        Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Pull those fuckers off and retape 'em man. Keeping a close eye on it means that when you notice that one has fallen off, you'll have to spend money to get a rebalance.

sigpic

Comment

guess i'll have to buy some tape...or i could just duct tape 'em, maybe make a little duct tape donut?
                            -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                            Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
                              guess i'll have to buy some tape...or i could just duct tape 'em, maybe make a little duct tape donut?
                              Not sure on these sportier lighter wheels. But on my truck, with the aftermarket wheels i had the same kind of weights. So before i went four-wheelin i would always duct tape those bisches in place. Running 32's your not gonna feel the addition of weight (tape), but maybe a small piece of Duct tape on your wheels shouldnt matter to much. :smoke: Giver a try!
                              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Working...
                              X