P.S.I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.S.I

I am takin my first G6 road trip. The stock tires say 44 PSI max. What PSI do you guys like for highway. Mine are at 35 PSI right now. Just curious if I should bump it up to 44

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
    Originally posted by [i
    Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

I've always left mine at 35 PSI.

Comment

i do what the sticker in the door says
      i belive 30

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

GM recommends 30.

I think you're nuts to run as high as 44. Just MHO though...
        2009 PONTIAC G8
        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

The rating on the tire is the max pressure of the tire, not at what you should run it at. I put mine at 32 or 34, I have them at 32 right now I think.

Comment

33-35

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
            Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
            Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
            -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

in the manuel it says for higher speeds to put it up to 35psi then release some pressure once your done.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
              TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
              Show
              -20% tint
              -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
              -Professionally heated seats

Comment

I was running 40 in my LS2's. Probably a little high, but I thought they felt better than when I ran them at 35.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

30-32 is generally the accepted pressure for ride vs wear. I run mine at 35, which my mechanic tells me is optimal for wear.

Comment

Yeah I was thinkin anywhere between 30-35 should be good. Will affect some gas mileage so I want it to be as good as it gets.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                    Originally posted by [i
                    Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

35-36 up front, 33-34 out back.
                      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
                        in the manuel it says for higher speeds to put it up to 35psi then release some pressure once your done.
                        where?

sure as hell doesn't say that in MY copy of the manual...
                        2009 PONTIAC G8
                        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

40 are WAY too high, the MAX PSI is for seating the bead and in no way should you drive with that much in.
                          2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                          334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrider
                            40 are WAY too high, the MAX PSI is for seating the bead and in no way should you drive with that much in.
                            If the tires are over-pressured, wear will accelerate, ride will be harsh, traction will be diminished, tire blow outs and tire damage will be more suspectible, don't do it. You will get less heat build-up, less rolling resistance, and better gas mileage as a trade off, but not worth it.

Comment

I aim for 32psi, the ride is nice and tire wear is relatively good for these crap LS2s.

In fact, I think my right front tire is leaking. Topped them off last night and 3 were at 30ish psi, and that one was down to 27ish

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                              - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                              - DS S3 Intake
                              - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Working...
                              X