Windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield

What do you guys use to clean the inside of your windshields when you detail the car? What about exterior windshield treatment?

-d
    2007 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan 3.5L VVT V6 Granite/Black
    Sun 'n Sound, DupliColor Red Calipers, Mobil 1 Oil System
    GM Strut Brace, MPR Cold Air Intake
    Vector Stealth PCM Tune 93 Octane
    Kicker ZX400.1 Amp, 12" Orion Subwoofer
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2686122

I just use a auto glass cleaner.
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

^ that or windex
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I think Windex isn't good to use on tint though.

Comment

I use invisiglass inside. Outside I use windshield washer fluid. The cheap stuff in the summer, and Rain-X Winter in the winter.

Edit: Oh yeah... And I go to a touch free carwash (I know, I'm lazy) that applies some coating over the wax. Not sure what it's called, it's part of the deluxe wash I get really just for the double foaming wash. I park under a tree that a lot of bugs apparently like to poop on my car from.

Comment

For cleaning, I use invisible glass exclusively. No other product has ever worked as excellently as it has.

For rain repellent, as someone else said, I use rain-x. I've used other brands with the same concept (glass shield, etc), but none has ever been as reliable and solidly performing as rain-x has been.
            2009 PONTIAC G8
            MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

just glass cleaner.

I also have a problem with fogging. Rain-X makes an anti-fogging solution - try that out if you have an issue.
              2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
              Black/Black coupe

Comment

Invisable glass. even after cleaning with windex you still get even more grime off with this stuff
                http://www.invisibleglass.com/
                I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question.
                Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
                'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.'
                'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.'
                'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.'
                I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible.
                I chose... Rapture.

Comment

I've tried the Rain-X anti-fog cleaning wipes and they were crap. Didn't clean worth crap, didn't help with fogging at all.

Regular Rain-X, for the outside windows is great though.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackOrchid3
                    Invisable glass. even after cleaning with windex you still get even more grime off with this stuff
                    http://www.invisibleglass.com/
                    Hmm... That's the stuff I use, but I'd swear it was "Invisiglass"... Guess I'm wrong. Anyways, I'm an evil smoker, and the stuff does wonders for the crap on the inside of a smoker's windshield.

Comment

I do like Invisible Glass, but Meguiar's NXT Glass Cleaner is better IMO.

Comment

Megs NXT glass cleaner is the best cleaner hands down... as for protection I use a polymer spray like ultima. Better than rain-x in every way.

Comment

honestly to me the best glass cleaner is the GM Glass cleaner
                          it has never streaked for me and its always gotten my windows clean with it

plus as an added bonus i get it free at work but ive actually bought it b4 i worked there cause dad used it and it worked better then anything else i bought

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                          Originally posted by snowmanG6
                          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

You guys use invisibleglass on the inside too?

Is that GM glass cleaner available in any store?

-d
                            2007 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan 3.5L VVT V6 Granite/Black
                            Sun 'n Sound, DupliColor Red Calipers, Mobil 1 Oil System
                            GM Strut Brace, MPR Cold Air Intake
                            Vector Stealth PCM Tune 93 Octane
                            Kicker ZX400.1 Amp, 12" Orion Subwoofer
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2686122

Comment

as far as i know only at dealers at the parts counters

http://www.goodwrench.com/PartsAccessor ... oducts.jsp

the second one

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                              Originally posted by snowmanG6
                              you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Working...
                              X